- ‘Hello, Dolly!’ opens Thursday at EPAC
- ‘Somewhereville Station’ revisits the 50s and 60s
- Manheim Downtown Development Group will dissolve
- MC Art Show doubles in size
- Warwick students are tops at county science fair
- Science fair winner was inspired by his grandparents
- Lititz Community Band seeking members
- Warwick, Manheim Central musicals this weekend
- MCFEE auction, dinner set for March 12
- Benefit concert to support Veterans Honor Park of Lancaster County
William E. McDaniel85, WWII veteran, steel worker
William E. McDaniel
William E. "Mac" McDaniel, 85, of Ephrata, passed away Friday, Aug. 26, 2011 at his residence.
He was born in Wilmington, N.C., to the late Arthur and Mary (Harmon) McDaniel and was the husband of Verna (Alleman) McDaniel. The couple celebrated their 54th wedding anniversary this past Dec. 24.
He was a WW II veteran, serving from 1944 to 1946 in the U.S. Army. William was a member of Life Spring Fellowship Church, Lititz. He enjoyed fishing, golfing and was an avid Phillies fan. A former Bethlehem Steel employee, Mac worked there for 30 and a half years and continued working for another 13 and a half years at the Schoeneck Quarry until retirement.
In addition to his wife, Mac is survived by a son: Russell M., husband of Nadine (Armstrong) McDaniel, of Lancaster; a loving niece: Beverly Crawford, of Millersburg; two granddaughters: Seranda, wife of Mark Buckwalter; and Ashley, wife of Lloyd Herr; and a grandson: Travis McDaniel.
He was preceded in death by five brothers and two sisters.
Funeral services were held on Aug. 31 at the Life Spring Fellowship Church, Lititz, with Pastor Dennis Loose officiating. Interment took place in the Mellingers Mennonite Cemetery, Lancaster. Military honors were accorded by the Red Rose Veterans Honor Guard.
If desired memorial contributions in Mac’s memory may be made to Hospice of Lancaster County, 685 Good Drive, P.O. Box 4125, Lancaster, PA 17601.
Arrangements were made by Stradling Funeral Homes, Inc., Akron/Ephrata. Online condolences can be given at stradlingfuneralhome.com.