- ‘Spamalot’ coming to EPAC
- Dutchland Derby Rollers rock the Black Rose All-Stars
- Kentucky Derby Day party May 2
- Crowlers at St. Boniface
- Lititz Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
- ‘Lititz Remembers’: Lititz Springs Park will host Memorial Day display
- 130 years of service
- Six inducted into MC Alumni Hall of Fame
- Facelift coming for Rothsville park
- Chiques Creek Watershed Alliance sponsors photo contest
Wellington Mohr Wise 99, WWII vet, loved farming and baseball
Wellington Mohr Wise, 99, passed away Tuesday, Jan. 14, 2014 from natural causes at Lancaster General Hospital.
He lived in Lititz, but was formerly from Douglassville, Berks County. He was born on Sept. 24, 1914 to his parents, the late Wayne Rhoads Wise and the late Mary Ann (Mohr) Wise.
Wellington was employed as a cooling conveyor operator for the former Firestone Tire and Rubber Co. in Pottstown, retiring in 1979. He was an Army Air Corps veteran of World War II where he served in the South Pacific with the 405th Bomber Squadron of the 38th Bomber Group. Wellington also loved baseball and farming.
Surviving are his son, Dennis Jay Wise of Pottstown and his daughter, Beverly Ann Wise of Lancaster. He has two grandchildren, Philip Wise and Amanda Wise. He also has three step-grandchildren: Nichole Hockenberry, Craig James Hill and Tyler Hill. Wellington was predeceased by his sister, Bessie M. Chambers.
A memorial service will be held at Dengler Funeral Home, Inc., 144 North Spruce St., Birdsboro, PA 19508 on Jan. 25 at 11 a.m. A visitation will be held at the funeral home from 10 to 11 a.m. Inurnment will take place in Forest Hills Memorial Park, Reiffton.
In lieu of flowers, memorial contributions may be made to Moravian Manor, 300 W. Lemon St., Lititz, PA 17543.