- Six inducted into MC Alumni Hall of Fame
- Facelift coming for Rothsville park
- Chiques Creek Watershed Alliance sponsors photo contest
- Lititz will be Rockin’: Festival, ‘NASCAR for bikes,’ returns April 26
- Full of moxie, Ashton Sweitzer takes on Philly
- Spam a little for ‘Spamalot’
- Taste of Lititz returns June 5
- Pix from Route 66
- Crafts & Draughts at JoBoy’s
- Streaks rally from early deficit to beat Warwick
Virginia Mae Graybill87, Manheim native, avid hunter
Virginia Mae Hollinger Graybill passed away Tuesday, Dec. 13, 2011 at the age of 87.
Born in Manheim, she was the daughter of the late Raymond W. and Emma A. Hess Hollinger.
Virginia was a member of Evangelical Lutheran Church of the Holy Trinity in Lancaster. In her early years, she was an active volunteer in the community, working and chairing various charity events in Lancaster. Virginia was also an avid hunter and enjoyed hunting in the western U.S. She loved the beach, snow, baseball (Cal Ripken) and was a loyal Frank Sinatra groupie.
Surviving are her son: Andrew, husband of Elizabeth Graybill, of Lancaster; grandchildren: Caitlin, of Fredericksburg, Va.; and Laura, of Burlington, N.C.; and her sisters-in-law: Anna Mae Hollinger and Doris Hollinger, of Manheim.
She was predeceased by her daughter: Martha L. Graybill; and also her brothers: Theodore H. Hollinger and Eugene H. Hollinger.
A memorial service was held on Dec. 17 at Holy Trinity Lutheran Church, Lancaster, with Rev. Timothy Mentzer and Deacon Augustus Mauro officiating. Interment was private and held at the convenience of the family in the Landisville Mennonite Cemetery.
In lieu of flowers, contributions in Virginia’s memory may be made to the American Heart Association, 610 Community Way, Lancaster, PA 17603 or to the Alzheimer’s Disease Association, 3544 N. Progress Ave., Suite 205, Harrisburg, PA 17110-9638.
To send an online condolence to the family, visit kasnyderfuneralhome.com.