- Brickerville Fire Company honors Wilbur May for 68 years of service
- Chocolate Walk tickets on sale now
- Manheim receives three Townie Awards
- Lititz Independence Day: Schedule of Events
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Penn Township, Pleasant View partner for community day
- Witmer earns valedictorian title for Manheim Central’s class of 2015
- Passenger pigeons once flocked to Lititz
- Manheim Central will graduate 235
- Festival of the Red Rose
Victoria H. Badorf 95, WWII vet, former teacher, Girl Scout and Boy Scout leader
A faithful member and Sunday School teacher of the Lititz Moravian Church, she was also a Den Mother for the Cub Scouts, leader and consultant for the Girl Scouts, member of the Iris Club and D.A.R. as well as the National Sorority, Alpha XIC Delta. She proudly served in the Navy during WWII as a Lieutenant jg in the Philadelphia Navy Yard.
Surviving are two children: John C. (Patricia Maga) Badorf, Lancaster and Victoria L. “Tori” (Jay) Acworth, Hanover; five grandchildren and nine great-grandchildren. Victoria was preceded in death by brothers: Conrad E., John B. and Max Hermsted.
Relatives and friends are respectfully invited to attend Victoria’s Life Celebration memorial service from the Chapel at Steinman Hall at the Moravian Manor 300 W. Lemon Street, Lititz, March 29 at 2:30 p.m. with The Rev. Dean R. Jurgen and the Rev. Richard Thierolf officiating. There will be no viewing, however, the family will receive friends at the Chapel from 1:30 p.m. until time of service. Private interment will be held at the convenience of the family.
In lieu of flowers, memorial contributions in Victoria’s memory may be made to the VisionCorps, 244 N. Queen Street, Lancaster, PA 17603 or Hospice and Community Care, 685 Good Drive, P.O. Box 4125, Lancaster, PA 17604-4125.
Arrangements by Spacht Funeral Home, 127 S. Broad Street, Lititz, PA 17543.