- Entertainment is on the ‘Taste of Lititz’ menu
- A perfect storm election: GOP incumbents prevail
- Warwick hires new solicitor
- July 4 ticket sales under way
- MiniTHON raises nearly $35K
- Illegal burning a hot topic at Elizabeth Twp. meeting
- With a little help from Friends… Manheim Community Pool prepares for 58th season
- Warwick continues MiniTHON tradition
- Manheim Historical Society honors Restore ‘N More
- MELA: A celebration of Indian culture
Verna N. Siegrist87, homemaker, Manheim Auto Auction employee
Verna N. Siegrist, 87, of Lititz, went home to be with her Lord and Savior Friday morning, June 8, 2012 at Hospice of Lancaster County, Mount Joy, following a brief illness.
Born in Manheim Township, she was the daughter of the late John S. and Ella Bowers Neff. She was the wife of Burnell S. Siegrist for 68 years on May 17.
A homemaker, Mrs. Siegrist was an active member of Erb Mennonite Church in Lititz. She was a 1942 graduate of the former Mount Joy High School and was employed part-time by Manheim Auto Auction in food service for more than 33 years.
In addition to her husband, she is survived by three children: Kenneth L., husband of Elizabeth Harnish Siegrist, of Richville, N.Y.; Karen L., wife of J. Mervin Keller, of Wales, Maine; and Brenda A. Frey, of Manheim; 14 grandchildren; 34 great-grandchildren; and three siblings: Arlene N. Brubaker, of Lancaster; Evelyn N., wife of Harry C. Rohrer, of Lancaster; and John W., husband of Irene Neff, of Landisville.
She was preceded in death by two grandchildren: Dale Siegrist and Janice Keller.
A funeral service was held on June 13 at Erb Mennonite Church, Lititz, with Pastor Wesley D. Siegrist, Dr. Calvin Wenger and Michael Zimmerman officiating. Interment took place in the adjoining cemetery.
To express a condolence with the family or to view a webcast of the service, visit spencefuneralservices.com.