- Brickerville Fire Company honors Wilbur May for 68 years of service
- Chocolate Walk tickets on sale now
- Manheim receives three Townie Awards
- Lititz Independence Day: Schedule of Events
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Penn Township, Pleasant View partner for community day
- Witmer earns valedictorian title for Manheim Central’s class of 2015
- Passenger pigeons once flocked to Lititz
- Manheim Central will graduate 235
- Festival of the Red Rose
Verna J. Rathvon
91, Luther Acres resident, enjoyed travel
Verna J. Rathvon, 91, passed away peacefully May, 23, 2013 at Luther Acres.
She was the wife of the late Elwood Rathvon, who died Feb. 10, 1990. They were married 50 years. Born in Lancaster County, she was the daughter of the late William and Rebecca Bradley.
She was a member of Redeemer Lutheran Church and worked at Hamilton Watch Co., the Bearings Co., Specialty Screw and Electronic Test as an inspector. She enjoyed her family, antiquing, traveling, and recently, Bingo.
Verna is survived by her two children: Barry W. Rathvon, York, and Barbara Rathvon Hanna, wife of Richard M. Hanna, Mountville; five grandchildren; nine great-grandchildren; one great-great-grandchild; nieces; nephews; and a brother: William Bradley of Lancaster.
Services were held May 28 at Millersville Mennonite Cemetery, with the Rev. David Kreider officiating.
Arrangements by Charles F. Snyder Funeral Home & Crematory, Lititz.
To send an online condolence, visit SnyderFuneralHome.com.