- Memorial Day Parade
- Second Friday the 13th
- Farmers market opens May 21
- Hello (again), Dolly!
- Kreider Farms opens silo observation tower
- ‘Hello, Dolly!’ opens Thursday at EPAC
- ‘Somewhereville Station’ revisits the 50s and 60s
- Manheim Downtown Development Group will dissolve
- MC Art Show doubles in size
- Warwick students are tops at county science fair
Verna J. Rathvon
91, Luther Acres resident, enjoyed travel
Verna J. Rathvon, 91, passed away peacefully May, 23, 2013 at Luther Acres.
She was the wife of the late Elwood Rathvon, who died Feb. 10, 1990. They were married 50 years. Born in Lancaster County, she was the daughter of the late William and Rebecca Bradley.
She was a member of Redeemer Lutheran Church and worked at Hamilton Watch Co., the Bearings Co., Specialty Screw and Electronic Test as an inspector. She enjoyed her family, antiquing, traveling, and recently, Bingo.
Verna is survived by her two children: Barry W. Rathvon, York, and Barbara Rathvon Hanna, wife of Richard M. Hanna, Mountville; five grandchildren; nine great-grandchildren; one great-great-grandchild; nieces; nephews; and a brother: William Bradley of Lancaster.
Services were held May 28 at Millersville Mennonite Cemetery, with the Rev. David Kreider officiating.
Arrangements by Charles F. Snyder Funeral Home & Crematory, Lititz.
To send an online condolence, visit SnyderFuneralHome.com.