- ‘Spamalot’ coming to EPAC
- Dutchland Derby Rollers rock the Black Rose All-Stars
- Kentucky Derby Day party May 2
- Crowlers at St. Boniface
- Lititz Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
- ‘Lititz Remembers’: Lititz Springs Park will host Memorial Day display
- 130 years of service
- Six inducted into MC Alumni Hall of Fame
- Facelift coming for Rothsville park
- Chiques Creek Watershed Alliance sponsors photo contest
Verna J. Rathvon
91, Luther Acres resident, enjoyed travel
Verna J. Rathvon, 91, passed away peacefully May, 23, 2013 at Luther Acres.
She was the wife of the late Elwood Rathvon, who died Feb. 10, 1990. They were married 50 years. Born in Lancaster County, she was the daughter of the late William and Rebecca Bradley.
She was a member of Redeemer Lutheran Church and worked at Hamilton Watch Co., the Bearings Co., Specialty Screw and Electronic Test as an inspector. She enjoyed her family, antiquing, traveling, and recently, Bingo.
Verna is survived by her two children: Barry W. Rathvon, York, and Barbara Rathvon Hanna, wife of Richard M. Hanna, Mountville; five grandchildren; nine great-grandchildren; one great-great-grandchild; nieces; nephews; and a brother: William Bradley of Lancaster.
Services were held May 28 at Millersville Mennonite Cemetery, with the Rev. David Kreider officiating.
Arrangements by Charles F. Snyder Funeral Home & Crematory, Lititz.
To send an online condolence, visit SnyderFuneralHome.com.