- Entertainment is on the ‘Taste of Lititz’ menu
- A perfect storm election: GOP incumbents prevail
- Warwick hires new solicitor
- July 4 ticket sales under way
- MiniTHON raises nearly $35K
- Illegal burning a hot topic at Elizabeth Twp. meeting
- With a little help from Friends… Manheim Community Pool prepares for 58th season
- Warwick continues MiniTHON tradition
- Manheim Historical Society honors Restore ‘N More
- MELA: A celebration of Indian culture
Thomas W. McClure
89, owned Agway, member of
4H and PSU Extensions
Thomas W. McClure, 89, of Lititz, passed away peacefully at home Friday, Aug. 2, 2013. Tom’s life epitomized his personal motto, "Every day is a good day." A devoted husband, father, grandfather and great-grandfather, he was active in Young Life, the Boy Scouts of America and took great pride in teaching his family how to hunt and fish. Tom was from a farming family and his agricultural roots were prevalent throughout his life. He was a long-time member of the 4H Extension executive committee, the Penn State Extension and an owner of an Agway Farm and Garden Center in Center Square for many years. Tom was also a lifelong church member and leader, most recently a member of the Lititz Church of the Brethren. Tom was also a life member of the Centre Square Fire Company.
Tom is survived by his loving wife of 66 years: Marie V. "Tillie" McClure; sons: Thomas W. McClure, Jr. of Lititz; Robert C. McClure (Elaine) of Downingtown; James E. McClure (Linda) of Boyertown; daughters: Sue Sciabbarrasi (Sam) of Greensboro, N.C. and Karen L. Kuch of Lititz; 15 grandchildren and nine great-grandchildren. He is survived by his brother: John W. McClure (Thelma) a sister: Mary Jane Bolton (Richard) and sisters-in-law: Jean McClure and Jo Vogt. Tom was preceded in death by sisters: Esther and Elizabeth and brothers: David and William.
Relatives and friends are invited to celebrate Tom’s life Aug. 17 at 11 a.m. at the Lititz Church of the Brethren, 300 W. Orange St., Lititz, PA 17543.
The family asks that, in lieu of flowers, donations be made in Tom’s memory to the Fisher Center for Alzheimer’s Research Foundation, 199 Water St., 23rd Floor, New York, NY 10038 or at www.alzinfo.org/ donate.