- Youth Lit fest will feature Gordon Korman
- Travelogue will visit Northern Europe
- Field of Screams is a (dysfunctional) family affair
- Spachts honored for years of service
- Lititz women’s chorus seeking new members
- MCFEE Family Breakfast set for Oct. 24
- Cavalcade of Bands set for Halloween
- The Rooster Crows in Lititz
- Art about town
- More Chocolate Walk stops revealed
Thomas Martin Artley, 75, plant manager at Wilbur Chocolate, member of Lititz VFW, Legion
Thomas Martin Artley, 75, of Newmanstown, passed away Monday, July 21, 2014 at home.
He was born in Bloomsburg, a son of the late Donald Gilman and Lillian Elsis Ella Marx Artley.
Mr. Artley was a Plant Manager for Wilbur Chocolate Co., Lititz, where he retired from Oct. 1, 1997. He was a member of the American Legion Post #56, Lititz and V.F.W. Post #1463, Lititz. He was an avid golfer, enjoyed hunting, fishing, woodworking in his shop, going to yard sales, and he loved to spend time with his family.
Surviving are his two sons: Randy A. Artley, companion of Sharon White, Lititz and Rod M., husband of Pam Artley, Newmanstown; three grandchildren: Eric J. Artley of N.D.; Rachel O. Artley and Michael T. Artley both of Newmanstown; Thomas’s former wife, June K. Artley of Nescopeck; his long-time companion: Erma Davidson of Schaefferstown; two brothers: Ray, husband of Harriet, Bloomsburg and Kenny Artley of Catawissa; sister: Gladys Ott of Bloomsburg; and several nieces and nephews.
The service was held in the Clauser Funeral Home, Schaefferstown, July 26. Interment was private and at the convenience of the family.
Condolences may be offered at clauserfh.com. Arrangements entrusted to Clauser Funeral Home, Schaefferstown.