- Brickerville Fire Company honors Wilbur May for 68 years of service
- Chocolate Walk tickets on sale now
- Manheim receives three Townie Awards
- Lititz Independence Day: Schedule of Events
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Penn Township, Pleasant View partner for community day
- Witmer earns valedictorian title for Manheim Central’s class of 2015
- Passenger pigeons once flocked to Lititz
- Manheim Central will graduate 235
- Festival of the Red Rose
Thomas A. Carvell
57, truck driver, Warwick Class of ’74
Thomas "Tom" Arthur Carvell, 57, of Cornwall, entered into his eternal rest Friday, Jan. 10, 2014.
He was the loving husband of Ida F. Shollenberger Carvell, and they would have celebrated 20 years of marriage in February.
Born in Lancaster, he was the son of Anna E. Bender Carvell, Lititz, and the late Nevin B. Carvell.
A graduate of Warwick High School Class of 1974, Tom attended Millersville University for two years. He was a carpenter by trade, employed for 20 years by Sandman Builders, Bethel. Since 2006, he was a truck driver for Centerport Milk Hauling Co-op, Centerport.
Tom was of the Lutheran faith, a member of the Dune Buggy Club, Lancaster, and the Boys Scouts of America, Crew 415, PA Dutch Council, Cornwall.
Surviving in addition to his mother and wife is a son: Nathan Ian Carvell, Cornwall; three siblings: Kathleen C. (Raymond) Ebey, Jarrettsville, Md.; Mark A. Carvell, Tehachapi, Calif.; and Wayne A. (Lyn) Carvell, Lititz.
Relatives and friends are respectfully invited to attend Tom’s life celebration memorial service at the Groff Funeral Home, Lancaster, on Jan. 16 at 11 a.m. with Chaplain Vickie L. Price officiating. Interment will be private. His family will receive friends at the funeral home Thursday from 10 a.m. until the time of service.
In lieu of flowers, memorial contributions may be made in Tom’s memory to Boy Scouts of America, PA Dutch Council, Troop 415, Tom Carvell Memorial Fund, c/o Cornwall United Methodist Church, Box 687, Cornwall Pike and Alden Street, Cornwall, PA 17016.