- ‘Hello, Dolly!’ opens Thursday at EPAC
- ‘Somewhereville Station’ revisits the 50s and 60s
- Manheim Downtown Development Group will dissolve
- MC Art Show doubles in size
- Warwick students are tops at county science fair
- Science fair winner was inspired by his grandparents
- Lititz Community Band seeking members
- Warwick, Manheim Central musicals this weekend
- MCFEE auction, dinner set for March 12
- Benefit concert to support Veterans Honor Park of Lancaster County
85, Best Foods retiree International, volunteer
Theresa DeGisi-Heinaman, 85, went to her eternal rest Tuesday, Nov. 5, 2013, at United Zion Retirement Community, Lititz.
The daughter of the late Anthony and Minnie Sarno DeGisi, she was born in Lyndhurst, N.J. She is survived by her loving husband, with whom they celebrated their 57th wedding anniversary June 2, 2013 (actually they were married three times — the formal one and two reaffirmations). She is also survived by her sister Maria Bianculli, New Jersey, and a number of nieces, nephews, grand nieces and grand nephews. She was preceded in death by her two brothers: Anthony DeGisi, Jr. and Carl E. DeGisi.
Theresa attended Fairleigh Dickinson College and had a varied work experience, retiring from Best Foods International where she was an administrative assistant. She loved the Pennsylvania area and happily moved here with her husband, William S. Heinaman, after their retirements.
She was a loyal member of Faith United Methodist Church, Lititz, and enjoyed reading, garage sales, thrift shops and buying and selling antiques and collectibles. She was always concerned by the needs of others and volunteered at a mental health clinic, animal rescue groups, and social service groups until physically unable.
Relatives and friends are invited to attend Theresa’s life celebration memorial service at Faith United Methodist Church, 1290 Fruitville Pike, Lititz, Nov. 23 at 10:30 a.m. with The Rev. Jason Perkowski officiating. The interment will be private. The family will receive friends at the church Nov. 23 from 9:30 a.m. until time of service.
In lieu of flowers, memorial contributions may be sent to the Faith United Methodist Church, attn: Capital Expansion Fund, 1290 Fruitville Pike, Lititz, PA. 17543. To share a fond memory of Theresa, visit lifecelebration.com.