- ‘Hello, Dolly!’ opens Thursday at EPAC
- ‘Somewhereville Station’ revisits the 50s and 60s
- Manheim Downtown Development Group will dissolve
- MC Art Show doubles in size
- Warwick students are tops at county science fair
- Science fair winner was inspired by his grandparents
- Lititz Community Band seeking members
- Warwick, Manheim Central musicals this weekend
- MCFEE auction, dinner set for March 12
- Benefit concert to support Veterans Honor Park of Lancaster County
Terry L. Weit, ‘Weity’ 66, Wilbur Chocolate retiree, WHS class of ‘65, Vietnam vet, electrician
Terry L. Weit, “Weity”, 66, of Rothsville, passed away Wednesday, March 26, 2014, at Hospice and Community Care, Mt.Joy.
Born in Rothsville, he was the son of Marion G. (Mundorf) Weit of Rothsville and the late William Louis Weit. He was married to Carol L. (Sheaffer) Weit. They were married 47 years on March 11.
Terry worked as an electrician for the local union for many years. He later went to Wilbur Chocolate Factory where he retired in 2005. He was a great husband, father and grandfather and a good friend to many. He was a die-hard Steelers and Dodgers fan. He graduated from Warwick High School in 1965 and enlisted in the Air Force in 1966. He was a Vietnam veteran.
In addition to his wife, he is survived by two children: Lisa Sensenig of Rothsville, Dennis Weit of Rothsville; two grandchildren: Brandon and Emily Sensenig; two sisters: June, wife of Leon Carvell of Rothsville and Tina Staples both of Rothsville.
A graveside service will be held on Wednesday, April 2, at 1 p.m., at IndiantownGapNationalCemetery with military honors.
Memorial contributions in Terry’s memory may be made to Hospice & Community Care, MountJoy, 4075 Old Harrisburg Pike, Mt. Joy, PA 17552.
Arrangements by Stradling Funeral Homes, Inc., Akron/Ephrata. Online condolences can be given at stradlingfuneralhome.com.