- Youth Lit fest will feature Gordon Korman
- Travelogue will visit Northern Europe
- Field of Screams is a (dysfunctional) family affair
- Spachts honored for years of service
- Lititz women’s chorus seeking new members
- MCFEE Family Breakfast set for Oct. 24
- Cavalcade of Bands set for Halloween
- The Rooster Crows in Lititz
- Art about town
- More Chocolate Walk stops revealed
Terry L. Weit, ‘Weity’ 66, Wilbur Chocolate retiree, WHS class of ‘65, Vietnam vet, electrician
Terry L. Weit, “Weity”, 66, of Rothsville, passed away Wednesday, March 26, 2014, at Hospice and Community Care, Mt.Joy.
Born in Rothsville, he was the son of Marion G. (Mundorf) Weit of Rothsville and the late William Louis Weit. He was married to Carol L. (Sheaffer) Weit. They were married 47 years on March 11.
Terry worked as an electrician for the local union for many years. He later went to Wilbur Chocolate Factory where he retired in 2005. He was a great husband, father and grandfather and a good friend to many. He was a die-hard Steelers and Dodgers fan. He graduated from Warwick High School in 1965 and enlisted in the Air Force in 1966. He was a Vietnam veteran.
In addition to his wife, he is survived by two children: Lisa Sensenig of Rothsville, Dennis Weit of Rothsville; two grandchildren: Brandon and Emily Sensenig; two sisters: June, wife of Leon Carvell of Rothsville and Tina Staples both of Rothsville.
A graveside service will be held on Wednesday, April 2, at 1 p.m., at IndiantownGapNationalCemetery with military honors.
Memorial contributions in Terry’s memory may be made to Hospice & Community Care, MountJoy, 4075 Old Harrisburg Pike, Mt. Joy, PA 17552.
Arrangements by Stradling Funeral Homes, Inc., Akron/Ephrata. Online condolences can be given at stradlingfuneralhome.com.