- ‘Hello, Dolly!’ opens Thursday at EPAC
- ‘Somewhereville Station’ revisits the 50s and 60s
- Manheim Downtown Development Group will dissolve
- MC Art Show doubles in size
- Warwick students are tops at county science fair
- Science fair winner was inspired by his grandparents
- Lititz Community Band seeking members
- Warwick, Manheim Central musicals this weekend
- MCFEE auction, dinner set for March 12
- Benefit concert to support Veterans Honor Park of Lancaster County
Sylvia G. Minnich93, nurse, former Lititz resident
Sylvia G. Minnich, 93, of Conestoga View, formerly of Lititz, passed away at Hospice of Lancaster County, Essa Flory Center, Monday, April 30, 2012.
Born in Lititz, she was the daughter of the late Warren E. and Florence E. George.
Sylvia was a graduate of Schuylkill Haven High School and attended Reading School of Nursing. Sylvia was an LPN working for Dr. Landis, Lancaster General Hospital and Duke Convalescent Home, and in her retirement she performed private nursing duties. Sylvia loved spending time with her grandchildren and was an avid reader.
She is survived by three sons: Douglas L., husband of Cynthia Minnich, of Lititz; David P. Minnich, of Lancaster; James B., husband of Doris Minnich, of Ephrata; two daughters: Sue M., wife of James Weaver, of Lititz; Lynn J. Hershey, of Lancaster; 18 grandchildren: Gary Minnich, Cory Minnich, Wendy Weber, Zach Minnich, Sheri K.M. Witmer, Eric Minnich, Jeffrey S. Minnich, Annette Minnich, Shawn Minnich, Gregory L. Minnich, Troy Minnich, Kim Minnich, Jan Minnich, Nikki D. Zimmerman, Tim J. Weaver, Mike Weaver, Michelle Weaver and Matt Hershey; many great-grandchildren and several great-great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by a twin brother: Paul; and a sister: Grace.
Sylvia’s life celebration memorial service was held at Spacht Funeral Home, Lititz, on May 5 with Rev. John Weber officiating. Private interment took place at the convenience of the family in Machpelah Cemetery.
In lieu of flowers, memorials may be sent to Hospice of Lancaster County, P.O. Box 4125, Lancaster, PA 17604-4125.
To share fondest memories of Sylvia, visit lifecelebration.com.