- Entertainment is on the ‘Taste of Lititz’ menu
- A perfect storm election: GOP incumbents prevail
- Warwick hires new solicitor
- July 4 ticket sales under way
- MiniTHON raises nearly $35K
- Illegal burning a hot topic at Elizabeth Twp. meeting
- With a little help from Friends… Manheim Community Pool prepares for 58th season
- Warwick continues MiniTHON tradition
- Manheim Historical Society honors Restore ‘N More
- MELA: A celebration of Indian culture
Sylvia G. Minnich93, nurse, former Lititz resident
Sylvia G. Minnich, 93, of Conestoga View, formerly of Lititz, passed away at Hospice of Lancaster County, Essa Flory Center, Monday, April 30, 2012.
Born in Lititz, she was the daughter of the late Warren E. and Florence E. George.
Sylvia was a graduate of Schuylkill Haven High School and attended Reading School of Nursing. Sylvia was an LPN working for Dr. Landis, Lancaster General Hospital and Duke Convalescent Home, and in her retirement she performed private nursing duties. Sylvia loved spending time with her grandchildren and was an avid reader.
She is survived by three sons: Douglas L., husband of Cynthia Minnich, of Lititz; David P. Minnich, of Lancaster; James B., husband of Doris Minnich, of Ephrata; two daughters: Sue M., wife of James Weaver, of Lititz; Lynn J. Hershey, of Lancaster; 18 grandchildren: Gary Minnich, Cory Minnich, Wendy Weber, Zach Minnich, Sheri K.M. Witmer, Eric Minnich, Jeffrey S. Minnich, Annette Minnich, Shawn Minnich, Gregory L. Minnich, Troy Minnich, Kim Minnich, Jan Minnich, Nikki D. Zimmerman, Tim J. Weaver, Mike Weaver, Michelle Weaver and Matt Hershey; many great-grandchildren and several great-great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by a twin brother: Paul; and a sister: Grace.
Sylvia’s life celebration memorial service was held at Spacht Funeral Home, Lititz, on May 5 with Rev. John Weber officiating. Private interment took place at the convenience of the family in Machpelah Cemetery.
In lieu of flowers, memorials may be sent to Hospice of Lancaster County, P.O. Box 4125, Lancaster, PA 17604-4125.
To share fondest memories of Sylvia, visit lifecelebration.com.