- Northwest EMS breaks ground on new Manheim facility
- Entertainment is on the ‘Taste of Lititz’ menu
- A perfect storm election: GOP incumbents prevail
- Warwick hires new solicitor
- July 4 ticket sales under way
- MiniTHON raises nearly $35K
- Illegal burning a hot topic at Elizabeth Twp. meeting
- With a little help from Friends… Manheim Community Pool prepares for 58th season
- Warwick continues MiniTHON tradition
- Manheim Historical Society honors Restore ‘N More
Susan S. Rishell 80, insurance file clerk, hockey fan
Susan S. Rishell, 80, of Lancaster, entered into the house of the Lord Monday, Sept. 3, 2012.
Born in Lancaster, she was the daughter of the late Howard L. and Gladys S. (Smith) Steele. She was married to Miles D. Rishell for over 55 years.
Susan was a graduate of JP McCaskey High School. She was employed as a file clerk for Educators Mutual Life Company and then Great American Insurance Company for many years.
She enjoyed coordinating and attending family events, collecting angel statues, and reading books (especially mystery novels). She was an avid Philadelphia Flyers and Hershey Bears fan, loved dogs and was a wonderful wife, mother and grandmother. She was an active member of the Lutheran Church of the Good Shepherd in Lancaster. She will always be loved and missed by all of her family.
In addition to her loving husband, Susan is survived by her children: Michael D., husband of Cheryl Rishell; Patrick D., husband of Kim Rishell; and Robert D., husband of Christine Rishell, all of Lititz; Linda, wife of Bernard Weisser, of Wrightsville; and Karen, wife of Jason Young, of Lancaster; and eight grandchildren.
She is preceded in death by her twin sisters: Alma Ruth and Helen Elizabeth Steele.
Services and interment will be private and held at the convenience of the family.
In lieu of flowers, memorial contributions can be made in Susan’s memory to the Lutheran Church of the Good Shepherd, 750 Greenfield Road, Lancaster, PA 17601; or Hospice & Community Care, 685 Good Drive, P.O. Box 4125, Lancaster, PA 17604-4125.
To send online condolences, visit snyderfuneralhome.com.