- 5K fun run/walk will benefit Warwick grad
- Oysters on the square: Ted’s tiny diner was a big deal at Broad and Main
- Picturesque parade!
- Heart of Lancaster craft show is Labor Day weekend at Root’s
- Escape Room: real life fun, in a world ruled by virtual games
- Florence Foster Jenkins: the Moravian connection
- Local artists will display works at Gretna show
- Cub Scout Pack 44 welcomes kindergartners in new pilot program
- New book a ‘sign’ of hope for local author
- 50 years of art: Lititz Outdoor Fine Art Show set for July 30
Susan L. Sensenig, 97, Cedar Crest Motel owner
Susan L. Sensenig, 97, of Denver, passed away Monday, June 10, 2013, at Colonial Lodge Retirement Community, Denver.
She was born in Geigertown to the late Elam and Laura (Kochel) Steffy and was the wife of the late Warren Sensenig.
Susan was a member of the Peace United Church of Christ, Denver. She worked at F&M Hat Company, Denver, and was the owner of Cedar Crest Motel from 1959 to 1962. Susan was a former member of Friendly Circle at Lincoln and Women’s Fellowship at church. She enjoyed reading, embroidering and playing the piano.
Susan is survived by one brother: Harry, wife of Kathryn (Gerhart) Steffy of Ephrata; a sister: Kathryn Edris of Palmyra; and several nieces and nephews.
In addition to her husband and parents, she is preceded in death by three brothers: John, George and Charles Steffy.
A viewing was held at Roseboro Stradling Funeral Home, Denver, June 14 followed by funeral services with Rev. William E. Hoch officiating. Interment took place in the Swamp Cemetery.
Memorial contributions in Susan’s memory may be made to Asera Care Hospice, 315 Prime Lane, Ste. 101, Mount Joy, PA 17554.
Arrangements by Roseboro Stradling Funeral & Cremation Services, Inc., Denver. Online condolences can be given at roseborostradling.com.