- Brickerville Fire Company honors Wilbur May for 68 years of service
- Chocolate Walk tickets on sale now
- Manheim receives three Townie Awards
- Lititz Independence Day: Schedule of Events
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Penn Township, Pleasant View partner for community day
- Witmer earns valedictorian title for Manheim Central’s class of 2015
- Passenger pigeons once flocked to Lititz
- Manheim Central will graduate 235
- Festival of the Red Rose
Steven H. Chezum 64, Vietnam veteran, HR director
Steven H. Chezum, 64, of Lititz, passed away Tuesday, Feb. 12, 2013 at Lancaster General Hospital.
Born in Fairfield, Iowa he was the son of the late Harry L. and Suzanne (Brobston) Chezum. He shared 25 years with his wife Maria E. (Limardo) Sinnott-Chezum.
He was a graduate of Louisiana Tech University, where he received a master’s degree in human resources and went on to work for Eon Labs, Inc. for many years, retiring from there as the director of the human resources department.
Steve loved animals and especially was very fond of his cat, Jack.
He was a veteran, proudly serving his country in the U.S. Air Force during the Vietnam War.
In addition to Maria, he is survived by two daughters: Kristi C. Dougherty, wife of Jon, of Broadlands, Va.; Mary Sinnott-Zervos, wife of Dino, of Baldwin, N.Y.; and a son: Michael Sinnott, husband of Katie, of Malverne, N.Y. Also surviving are two grandchildren: Melina and Christopher Zervos.
A Christian prayer service was held Feb. 18 at the Charles F. Snyder, Jr. Funeral Home & Crematory with Rev. James O’Blaney officiating. Interment followed at Indiantown Gap National Cemetery in Annville with full military honors.
In lieu of flowers, memorial contributions in Steve’s memory can be made to the Humane League of Lancaster County, 2195 Lincoln Highway East, Lancaster, PA 17602. To send the family online condolences, please visit snyderfuneralhome.com.