- Entertainment is on the ‘Taste of Lititz’ menu
- A perfect storm election: GOP incumbents prevail
- Warwick hires new solicitor
- July 4 ticket sales under way
- MiniTHON raises nearly $35K
- Illegal burning a hot topic at Elizabeth Twp. meeting
- With a little help from Friends… Manheim Community Pool prepares for 58th season
- Warwick continues MiniTHON tradition
- Manheim Historical Society honors Restore ‘N More
- MELA: A celebration of Indian culture
Steve J. Mauger, 85, machinist at Alcoa, member of St. James Catholic, avid Phillies fan
Steve J. Mauger, 85, of Lititz, passed away at Moravian Manor Aug. 18, 2014.
Born in Cairnbrook, he was the son of the late George and Anna Zatkovich Mauger. He was married for 43 years to the late Helen D. Hornick Mauger (2000).
He was a graduate of Shade High School and served in the U.S. Army during the Korean War. Prior to his retirement, Steve was a machinist for Alcoa. Steve was a member of St. James Catholic Church, Lititz and an avid Phillies fan. He enjoyed fly fishing and hunting. A quiet man, he enjoyed spending his Sunday evenings with his children and grandchildren.
He is survived by his children: Karen, wife of Todd Brenner, Lititz; Joanne, wife of Robert Jesberg, Lititz; Steve, husband of Betty Stoe, Newmanstown; six grandchildren; four great- grandchildren; siblings: Anne Arpino, Brooklyn, N.Y.; Helen Palumbo, North Massapequa, N.Y.; Paul Mauger, Cleveland, Ohio, and Catherine Lomeli, Naples, Fla.
He is preceded in death by five brothers.
There will be a viewing held at the Richard H. Heisey Funeral Home, 216 S. Broad St., Lititz, on Thursday, Aug. 21, from 6 to 8 p.m., with the recitation of the Rosary at 8 p.m. A Mass of Christian Burial will be held at St. James Catholic Church, 505 Woodcrest Ave., Lititz, on Friday, Aug. 22, at 10:30 a.m., with the Rev. James O’Blaney officiating, preceded by a viewing from 10 to 10:30 a.m. at the church. Burial with Military Honors will be in Cedar Hill Cemetery, Ephrata.
Donations may be made to the Alzheimer’s Association, 2595 Interstate Drive, Suite 100, Harrisburg, 17110.
To send online condolences to the family, visit richardheiseyfuneralhome.com. Arrangements by Richard H. Heisey Funeral Home, Lititz.