- 50 years of art: Lititz Outdoor Fine Art Show set for July 30
- Police departments plan community events
- The ‘Great Eastern Wizard’ of the Park House hotel
- Manheim woodworker crafts bodies for Martin Guitar
- Siblings homeless after being separated 40 years
- Going, going, gone! Local beer events selling out quickly
- ‘American Idiot’ at EPAC
- Finally: the Ephrata Brewfest!
- The fallout of 11 MC bomb threats
- Second Friday the 13th
Stephen Scott 55, owner of Commonwealth Fire Protection Company
He was born in Darby to John W. Scott, Jr. and Phillis (Finan) Scott and was, for nearly 30 years, an amazing husband to Joy (Lyons) Scott.
Stephen was president and owner of Commonwealth Fire Protection Company in Leola, where he dedicated more than 35 years of service. He had a special passion for the outdoors, hunting and fishing; which, he shared with his many friends and family.
Honorably, Stephen devoted his life to loving and caring for his family. He is missed by many, including his loving wife: Joy; two adoring daughters: Stephanie Scott of Philadelphia and Heather Scott of Morristown, N.J.; his brother: John Scott of Salisbury, Md.; four sisters: Deborah, wife of Dean Murtagh of Bryn Mawr;Veronica, wife of Lex Grinnan of West Chester; Christine, wife of Michael Bass of Malvern and Kimberly, widow of Kenneth Mitchell of Garnet Valley. He is also survived by 14 nieces and nephews.
A funeral service was held Jan. 30 at the Charles F. Snyder, Jr. Funeral Home & Crematory, 3110 Lititz Pike, Lititz, PA 17543 with Rev. Mark Thiboldeaux officiating. In lieu of flowers, contributions may be made in Steve’s memory to The Chesapeake Bay Foundation, 102 E. Dover St., Easton, MD 21601.
To send the family online condolences, visit snyderfuneralhome.com.