- Brickerville Fire Company honors Wilbur May for 68 years of service
- Chocolate Walk tickets on sale now
- Manheim receives three Townie Awards
- Lititz Independence Day: Schedule of Events
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Penn Township, Pleasant View partner for community day
- Witmer earns valedictorian title for Manheim Central’s class of 2015
- Passenger pigeons once flocked to Lititz
- Manheim Central will graduate 235
- Festival of the Red Rose
Stanley Pate66, truck driver, native of England
Stanley Pate, 66, of Lititz, formerly of Ephrata, passed away Wednesday, Feb. 8, 2012 at the Hospice of Lancaster County, Mount Joy.
Born in Leicestershire, England, he was the son of Barbara (Cherry) Pate and the late Eldridge Pate. Stanley was the husband of Gretchen (Schumacher) Pate.
He was a machine operator and a truck driver, and a member of the Church of England. He was a NASCAR, Phillies and New York Giants fan. He loved spending time with his grandchildren and grand-puppies.
In addition to his wife and mother, he is survived by his children: Anthony Pate, companion of Cheryl; Daniel Pate; Elizabeth, wife of Travis Metzler; and Andrew, husband of Adriana Pate; five grandchildren; and a brother: David Pate.
A celebration of life service will be held at 6 p.m. on March 5 at Hosanna! A Fellowship of Christians, 29 Green Acre Road, Lititz, officiated by the elders of the church.
Contributions can be made in Stanley’s memory to the Humane League of Lancaster County, 2195 Lincoln Highway East, Lancaster, PA 17602.
To send the family online condolences, visit snyderfuneralhome.com.