- 50 years of art: Lititz Outdoor Fine Art Show set for July 30
- Police departments plan community events
- The ‘Great Eastern Wizard’ of the Park House hotel
- Manheim woodworker crafts bodies for Martin Guitar
- Siblings homeless after being separated 40 years
- Going, going, gone! Local beer events selling out quickly
- ‘American Idiot’ at EPAC
- Finally: the Ephrata Brewfest!
- The fallout of 11 MC bomb threats
- Memorial Day Parade
88, WWII vet, former letter
carrier and bank employee
Sol Schwartz, 88, of Lititz, died unexpectedly Wednesday, May 15, 2013, at Lancaster General Hospital in Lancaster.
Born in Brooklyn, N.Y., he was the son of the late Harry and Bessie Schwartz. He was married for 59 years to Marian Schwartz.
Sol worked in New York for the Postal Service as a letter carrier and for several banks in New York over the years. He served in the U.S. Navy during World War II and subsequently volunteered for numerous Veterans events. A patient and very generous man, he loved his family dearly and was an avid N.Y. Yankees and N.Y. Giants fan.
In addition to his wife, he is survived by two daughters: Janice Shabtay of Lititz; Judy Cutrupi, wife of Vincent of Staten Island, N.Y.; a son: Richard, husband of Gail Schwartz of Staten Island, N.Y.; and five grandchildren: Brandon Cutrupi; Laura and Zack Schwartz; and Talia Bess and David Shabtay.
Private services will be held at the convenience of the family.
In lieu of flowers, Memorials may be made to The Greater Pennsylvania Alzheimer’s Association, 3544 North Progress Ave., Suite 205, Harrisburg, PA 17110 or his Grandchildren’s Education Fund: c/o Fulton Bank, 481 Royer Drive, Lancaster, PA 17601.
Online condolences may be posted at thegroffs.com.