- Taste of the Town – March 5, 2014 Edition
- Slideshow – Snowstorm Pax
- 1944: Ralph Spacht donates Advertisements from 1944 building for community center
- Showcase of Homes
- Record Express undergoes most significant redesign in more than 75 years
- This ice is nice
- Crepes Recipe from the Sugar Arts Institute
- Snowy weather leads to accident
- Fire Co. needs help clearing hydrants
88, WWII vet, former letter
carrier and bank employee
Sol Schwartz, 88, of Lititz, died unexpectedly Wednesday, May 15, 2013, at Lancaster General Hospital in Lancaster.
Born in Brooklyn, N.Y., he was the son of the late Harry and Bessie Schwartz. He was married for 59 years to Marian Schwartz.
Sol worked in New York for the Postal Service as a letter carrier and for several banks in New York over the years. He served in the U.S. Navy during World War II and subsequently volunteered for numerous Veterans events. A patient and very generous man, he loved his family dearly and was an avid N.Y. Yankees and N.Y. Giants fan.
In addition to his wife, he is survived by two daughters: Janice Shabtay of Lititz; Judy Cutrupi, wife of Vincent of Staten Island, N.Y.; a son: Richard, husband of Gail Schwartz of Staten Island, N.Y.; and five grandchildren: Brandon Cutrupi; Laura and Zack Schwartz; and Talia Bess and David Shabtay.
Private services will be held at the convenience of the family.
In lieu of flowers, Memorials may be made to The Greater Pennsylvania Alzheimer’s Association, 3544 North Progress Ave., Suite 205, Harrisburg, PA 17110 or his Grandchildren’s Education Fund: c/o Fulton Bank, 481 Royer Drive, Lancaster, PA 17601.
Online condolences may be posted at thegroffs.com.