- ‘Hello, Dolly!’ opens Thursday at EPAC
- ‘Somewhereville Station’ revisits the 50s and 60s
- Manheim Downtown Development Group will dissolve
- MC Art Show doubles in size
- Warwick students are tops at county science fair
- Science fair winner was inspired by his grandparents
- Lititz Community Band seeking members
- Warwick, Manheim Central musicals this weekend
- MCFEE auction, dinner set for March 12
- Benefit concert to support Veterans Honor Park of Lancaster County
Shirley M. Homan 84, Luther Acres resident/band member, retired music teacher
Shirley M. Homan, formerly of Long Island, N.Y. and resident of Luther Acres, Lititz, passed away Tuesday, Aug. 28, 2012 at age 84.
Born in Reading, she was the daughter of the late Victor and Lillian Miller Homan.
Surviving are sisters: June (Homan), wife of the late Rev. Clyde I. Fry, of Lititz; and Virginia (Homan), wife of James Babb, of Reading; and several nieces and a nephew.
A graduate of Ithaca College and Hofstra University, Shirley was an instrumental music teacher in New Hyde Park Schools on Long Island for 30 years. After retirement she became a longtime volunteer for WLIW 21, a PBS station on Long Island. Shirley formed a kitchen band for and with residents of Luther Acres and was always up for new projects, one being watercolors which were exhibited at the Muhlenberg Town Home in August.
A celebration of life service will be held at the convenience of the family. Memorial Contributions may be made to the Luthercare Caring Fund, 600 E. Main St., Lititz, PA 17543 or to Hospice & Community Care, P.O. Box 4125, Lancaster, PA 17604-4125 or hospiceoflancaster.org.
To send the family online condolences, visit snyderfuneralhome.com.