- Brickerville Fire Company honors Wilbur May for 68 years of service
- Chocolate Walk tickets on sale now
- Manheim receives three Townie Awards
- Lititz Independence Day: Schedule of Events
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Penn Township, Pleasant View partner for community day
- Witmer earns valedictorian title for Manheim Central’s class of 2015
- Passenger pigeons once flocked to Lititz
- Manheim Central will graduate 235
- Festival of the Red Rose
Shirley M. Homan 84, Luther Acres resident/band member, retired music teacher
Shirley M. Homan, formerly of Long Island, N.Y. and resident of Luther Acres, Lititz, passed away Tuesday, Aug. 28, 2012 at age 84.
Born in Reading, she was the daughter of the late Victor and Lillian Miller Homan.
Surviving are sisters: June (Homan), wife of the late Rev. Clyde I. Fry, of Lititz; and Virginia (Homan), wife of James Babb, of Reading; and several nieces and a nephew.
A graduate of Ithaca College and Hofstra University, Shirley was an instrumental music teacher in New Hyde Park Schools on Long Island for 30 years. After retirement she became a longtime volunteer for WLIW 21, a PBS station on Long Island. Shirley formed a kitchen band for and with residents of Luther Acres and was always up for new projects, one being watercolors which were exhibited at the Muhlenberg Town Home in August.
A celebration of life service will be held at the convenience of the family. Memorial Contributions may be made to the Luthercare Caring Fund, 600 E. Main St., Lititz, PA 17543 or to Hospice & Community Care, P.O. Box 4125, Lancaster, PA 17604-4125 or hospiceoflancaster.org.
To send the family online condolences, visit snyderfuneralhome.com.