- Brickerville Fire Company honors Wilbur May for 68 years of service
- Chocolate Walk tickets on sale now
- Manheim receives three Townie Awards
- Lititz Independence Day: Schedule of Events
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Penn Township, Pleasant View partner for community day
- Witmer earns valedictorian title for Manheim Central’s class of 2015
- Passenger pigeons once flocked to Lititz
- Manheim Central will graduate 235
- Festival of the Red Rose
Sharon J. Sexton 77, Lititz Lioness, gift shop volunteer
Sharon Joy Rose Sexton, 77, of Lititz, passed away Tuesday, July 31, 2012 at her home. She was the wife of the late Thomas G. Sexton, who died in 2003.
Born in Mauston, Wisc., she was the daughter of the late Lloyd J. and Marjorie Ott Rose.
Sharon was a member of St. James Catholic Church, Lititz, the Lititz Lioness Club and the Town Club, Lititz. She enjoyed playing bridge, walking her dogs, singing and leading her church choirs. Sharon enjoyed spending time with her family at Lititz Springs Park and also volunteered in the gift shop at Brethren Village.
Surviving are her daughters: Suzanne, wife of Ray McFarland, of Brownfield, Texas; and Carolyn L., wife of Jack Hall, of Palmyra; her son: Christopher, husband of Mary Sexton, of Abington, Mass.; nine grandchildren; three great-grandchildren; a brother: Arnie Lee "Buzz," husband of Lorraine Rose, of Mauston, Wisc.
She was preceded in death by her son: Stephen Sexton; and her sister: Terry Miller.
Sharon’s life celebration mass of Christian burial was held from St. James Catholic Church, Lititz, on Aug. 3 with the Rev. James O’Blaney, C.SS.R, officiating. Interment will be private at the convenience of the family.
If desired, memorial contributions in Sharon’s memory may be made to Hospice of Lancaster County, 685 Good Drive, P.O. Box 4125, Lancaster, PA 17604-4125 or to the Lititz Public Library, 651 Kissel Hill Road, Lititz, PA 17543.
Spacht Funeral Home, Lititz, has been entrusted with the arrangements. To share fondest memories of Sharon, visit lifecelebration.com.