- 5K fun run/walk will benefit Warwick grad
- Oysters on the square: Ted’s tiny diner was a big deal at Broad and Main
- Picturesque parade!
- Heart of Lancaster craft show is Labor Day weekend at Root’s
- Escape Room: real life fun, in a world ruled by virtual games
- Florence Foster Jenkins: the Moravian connection
- Local artists will display works at Gretna show
- Cub Scout Pack 44 welcomes kindergartners in new pilot program
- New book a ‘sign’ of hope for local author
- 50 years of art: Lititz Outdoor Fine Art Show set for July 30
Sharon A. Humphreys65, Warwick High School Class of ’64
Sharon A. Humphreys, 65, a homemaker, of Millersville, went to be with her Lord on Sunday, Feb. 12, 2012 at Lancaster General Hospital after a brief illness.
Born Sept. 29, 1946 in Norfolk, Va., she was the daughter of the late Paul R. and Carrie B. (Fordham) Cooper. She was married to John E. Humphreys III for 36 1/2 years.
Sharon was a member of New Danville Mennonite Church and a 1964 graduate of Warwick High School and then graduated from the Lancaster Business School.
Surviving are two children: Michelle L. John, of Lancaster; and John P., husband of Joanne M. Humphreys, of Conestoga; three stepchildren: Carol Keith, of Ephrata; Marie Hauk; and Sara Moylett; two grandchildren; 10 step-grandchildren; one step-great-grandchild; and one brother: Russ Cooper, of Lititz.
Funeral services were held at the New Danville Mennonite Church, Lancaster, on Feb. 15 with Pastor Jay C. Garber officiating. Interment took place in the Chestnut Level Presbyterian Cemetery, Quarryville.
Kindly omit flowers. Memorial remembrances can be made in Sharon’s memory to the American Heart Association.
To submit an online condolence, visit scheidfuneralhome.com.