- Brickerville Fire Company honors Wilbur May for 68 years of service
- Chocolate Walk tickets on sale now
- Manheim receives three Townie Awards
- Lititz Independence Day: Schedule of Events
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Penn Township, Pleasant View partner for community day
- Witmer earns valedictorian title for Manheim Central’s class of 2015
- Passenger pigeons once flocked to Lititz
- Manheim Central will graduate 235
- Festival of the Red Rose
Samuel W. Kulp 86, concrete finisher, Navy veteran
Samuel W. Kulp, 86, of Lititz, died peacefully Friday, Oct. 12, 2012 at Hospice and Community Care, Lancaster.
Born in Lancaster County, he was the son of the late Warren and Luella Getz Kulp. Sam was the husband of the late Florence I. Steely Kulp, who died in 1977.
Sam retired as a concrete finisher for TAH Construction, Lancaster; previously, he worked for many years for E & G Concrete Inc., Stevens. He was a U.S. Navy veteran serving in the Pacific on the USS Springfield Cruiser during World War II. His interests included woodworking and building furniture. In his younger days, he enjoyed fishing and hunting with his Beagles. Recently he enjoyed going to Buttonwood Beach, Md., with his family.
Surviving are a son: James L., husband of Penny Sheckard Kulp, of West Lampeter; a daughter: Anita M., wife of Kenneth L. Martin, of Lititz; three grandchildren: T. Cody Strubel, Michelle Anderson and Michael Anderson; and a companion of 30 years: Edna Swan, of Lititz. He will be lovingly missed by the family Beagle dog: Lucy.
Preceding him in death is a daughter: Linda M. Anderson.
His funeral service took place at the Buch Funeral Home, 21 Market Square, Manheim, Oct. 17 at 11 a.m. Interment took place in Lititz Moravian Cemetery.
Kindly omit flowers. Contributions may be sent in Sam’s memory to Luthercare Caring Fund, 600 East Main Street, Lititz, PA 17543. To send the family online condolences, visit buchfuneral.com.