- Six inducted into MC Alumni Hall of Fame
- Facelift coming for Rothsville park
- Chiques Creek Watershed Alliance sponsors photo contest
- Lititz will be Rockin’: Festival, ‘NASCAR for bikes,’ returns April 26
- Full of moxie, Ashton Sweitzer takes on Philly
- Spam a little for ‘Spamalot’
- Taste of Lititz returns June 5
- Pix from Route 66
- Crafts & Draughts at JoBoy’s
- Streaks rally from early deficit to beat Warwick
Samuel W. Kulp 86, concrete finisher, Navy veteran
Samuel W. Kulp, 86, of Lititz, died peacefully Friday, Oct. 12, 2012 at Hospice and Community Care, Lancaster.
Born in Lancaster County, he was the son of the late Warren and Luella Getz Kulp. Sam was the husband of the late Florence I. Steely Kulp, who died in 1977.
Sam retired as a concrete finisher for TAH Construction, Lancaster; previously, he worked for many years for E & G Concrete Inc., Stevens. He was a U.S. Navy veteran serving in the Pacific on the USS Springfield Cruiser during World War II. His interests included woodworking and building furniture. In his younger days, he enjoyed fishing and hunting with his Beagles. Recently he enjoyed going to Buttonwood Beach, Md., with his family.
Surviving are a son: James L., husband of Penny Sheckard Kulp, of West Lampeter; a daughter: Anita M., wife of Kenneth L. Martin, of Lititz; three grandchildren: T. Cody Strubel, Michelle Anderson and Michael Anderson; and a companion of 30 years: Edna Swan, of Lititz. He will be lovingly missed by the family Beagle dog: Lucy.
Preceding him in death is a daughter: Linda M. Anderson.
His funeral service took place at the Buch Funeral Home, 21 Market Square, Manheim, Oct. 17 at 11 a.m. Interment took place in Lititz Moravian Cemetery.
Kindly omit flowers. Contributions may be sent in Sam’s memory to Luthercare Caring Fund, 600 East Main Street, Lititz, PA 17543. To send the family online condolences, visit buchfuneral.com.