- ‘Hello, Dolly!’ opens Thursday at EPAC
- ‘Somewhereville Station’ revisits the 50s and 60s
- Manheim Downtown Development Group will dissolve
- MC Art Show doubles in size
- Warwick students are tops at county science fair
- Science fair winner was inspired by his grandparents
- Lititz Community Band seeking members
- Warwick, Manheim Central musicals this weekend
- MCFEE auction, dinner set for March 12
- Benefit concert to support Veterans Honor Park of Lancaster County
Samuel M. Gockley90, business owner, farmer
Samuel M. Gockley, 90, of East Petersburg, formerly of Lititz, passed away Tuesday, Feb. 7, 2012 at Conestoga View.
Born in Lancaster County, he was the son of the late John and Amanda Landis Gockley. He was married to the late Mary E. Artz Gockley, who died in 2008.
Samuel was the co-owner of the former Gockley’s Insulation and he was also a self- employed farmer. He enjoyed snowmobiling, hunting, fishing and splitting firewood.
Surviving are two daughters: Jean H., wife of Stanley M. Ruhl, of Reinholds; Janet L., wife of Raymond Flory, of Gretna Springs; a son: John R., husband of Trish Gockley, of Lititz; seven grandchildren; seven great-grandchildren and two great-great- grandchildren.
Samuel was preceded in death by four brothers: Earl, Clarence, Richard and Harry; and two sisters: Mary Albert and Naomi Glick.
Samuel’s life celebration service was held at Spacht Funeral Home, Lititz, on Feb. 11 with Rev. Harry T. Dow officiating. Interment took place in Millport Mennonite Cemetery, Warwick Township.
In lieu of flowers, memorials may be sent to American Lung Association of Lancaster and Berks Counties, 630 Janet Ave., Lancaster, PA 17601.
To share fond memories of Samuel, visit: lifecelebration.com.