- 50 years of art: Lititz Outdoor Fine Art Show set for July 30
- Police departments plan community events
- The ‘Great Eastern Wizard’ of the Park House hotel
- Manheim woodworker crafts bodies for Martin Guitar
- Siblings homeless after being separated 40 years
- Going, going, gone! Local beer events selling out quickly
- ‘American Idiot’ at EPAC
- Finally: the Ephrata Brewfest!
- The fallout of 11 MC bomb threats
- Memorial Day Parade
Samuel M. Gockley90, business owner, farmer
Samuel M. Gockley, 90, of East Petersburg, formerly of Lititz, passed away Tuesday, Feb. 7, 2012 at Conestoga View.
Born in Lancaster County, he was the son of the late John and Amanda Landis Gockley. He was married to the late Mary E. Artz Gockley, who died in 2008.
Samuel was the co-owner of the former Gockley’s Insulation and he was also a self- employed farmer. He enjoyed snowmobiling, hunting, fishing and splitting firewood.
Surviving are two daughters: Jean H., wife of Stanley M. Ruhl, of Reinholds; Janet L., wife of Raymond Flory, of Gretna Springs; a son: John R., husband of Trish Gockley, of Lititz; seven grandchildren; seven great-grandchildren and two great-great- grandchildren.
Samuel was preceded in death by four brothers: Earl, Clarence, Richard and Harry; and two sisters: Mary Albert and Naomi Glick.
Samuel’s life celebration service was held at Spacht Funeral Home, Lititz, on Feb. 11 with Rev. Harry T. Dow officiating. Interment took place in Millport Mennonite Cemetery, Warwick Township.
In lieu of flowers, memorials may be sent to American Lung Association of Lancaster and Berks Counties, 630 Janet Ave., Lancaster, PA 17601.
To share fond memories of Samuel, visit: lifecelebration.com.