- Entertainment is on the ‘Taste of Lititz’ menu
- A perfect storm election: GOP incumbents prevail
- Warwick hires new solicitor
- July 4 ticket sales under way
- MiniTHON raises nearly $35K
- Illegal burning a hot topic at Elizabeth Twp. meeting
- With a little help from Friends… Manheim Community Pool prepares for 58th season
- Warwick continues MiniTHON tradition
- Manheim Historical Society honors Restore ‘N More
- MELA: A celebration of Indian culture
Samuel M. Gockley90, business owner, farmer
Samuel M. Gockley, 90, of East Petersburg, formerly of Lititz, passed away Tuesday, Feb. 7, 2012 at Conestoga View.
Born in Lancaster County, he was the son of the late John and Amanda Landis Gockley. He was married to the late Mary E. Artz Gockley, who died in 2008.
Samuel was the co-owner of the former Gockley’s Insulation and he was also a self- employed farmer. He enjoyed snowmobiling, hunting, fishing and splitting firewood.
Surviving are two daughters: Jean H., wife of Stanley M. Ruhl, of Reinholds; Janet L., wife of Raymond Flory, of Gretna Springs; a son: John R., husband of Trish Gockley, of Lititz; seven grandchildren; seven great-grandchildren and two great-great- grandchildren.
Samuel was preceded in death by four brothers: Earl, Clarence, Richard and Harry; and two sisters: Mary Albert and Naomi Glick.
Samuel’s life celebration service was held at Spacht Funeral Home, Lititz, on Feb. 11 with Rev. Harry T. Dow officiating. Interment took place in Millport Mennonite Cemetery, Warwick Township.
In lieu of flowers, memorials may be sent to American Lung Association of Lancaster and Berks Counties, 630 Janet Ave., Lancaster, PA 17601.
To share fond memories of Samuel, visit: lifecelebration.com.