- 5K fun run/walk will benefit Warwick grad
- Oysters on the square: Ted’s tiny diner was a big deal at Broad and Main
- Picturesque parade!
- Heart of Lancaster craft show is Labor Day weekend at Root’s
- Escape Room: real life fun, in a world ruled by virtual games
- Florence Foster Jenkins: the Moravian connection
- Local artists will display works at Gretna show
- Cub Scout Pack 44 welcomes kindergartners in new pilot program
- New book a ‘sign’ of hope for local author
- 50 years of art: Lititz Outdoor Fine Art Show set for July 30
Samuel J. Sherts Jr.90, WWII veteran, Pleasant View resident
Samuel J. Sherts Jr., 90, formerly of Mountville, passed away peacefully Friday, Jan. 6, 2012 at Pleasant View Retirement Community, Manheim.
Born Sept. 17, 1921 in Lancaster, he was the son of the late Samuel J. and Anna D. (Werner) Sherts Sr. He was married to Evelyn R. (Kline) Sherts for over 69 years. Evelyn died Nov. 11, 2009.
A 1939 graduate of J.P. McCaskey High School, Samuel went on to become a veteran of World War II, proudly serving with the U.S. Navy.
He will be lovingly missed by two daughters: Judith S. Kendig, of Lancaster; Barbara, wife of Glenn Siegler, of Polk City, Fla.; two grandchildren; two great-grandchildren; and a great-great grandson.
Private funeral services and interment will be at the convenience of the family.
To submit an online condolence, visit scheidfuneralhome.com.