- 50 years of art: Lititz Outdoor Fine Art Show set for July 30
- Police departments plan community events
- The ‘Great Eastern Wizard’ of the Park House hotel
- Manheim woodworker crafts bodies for Martin Guitar
- Siblings homeless after being separated 40 years
- Going, going, gone! Local beer events selling out quickly
- ‘American Idiot’ at EPAC
- Finally: the Ephrata Brewfest!
- The fallout of 11 MC bomb threats
- Memorial Day Parade
Samuel J. Sherts Jr.90, WWII veteran, Pleasant View resident
Samuel J. Sherts Jr., 90, formerly of Mountville, passed away peacefully Friday, Jan. 6, 2012 at Pleasant View Retirement Community, Manheim.
Born Sept. 17, 1921 in Lancaster, he was the son of the late Samuel J. and Anna D. (Werner) Sherts Sr. He was married to Evelyn R. (Kline) Sherts for over 69 years. Evelyn died Nov. 11, 2009.
A 1939 graduate of J.P. McCaskey High School, Samuel went on to become a veteran of World War II, proudly serving with the U.S. Navy.
He will be lovingly missed by two daughters: Judith S. Kendig, of Lancaster; Barbara, wife of Glenn Siegler, of Polk City, Fla.; two grandchildren; two great-grandchildren; and a great-great grandson.
Private funeral services and interment will be at the convenience of the family.
To submit an online condolence, visit scheidfuneralhome.com.