- Brickerville Fire Company honors Wilbur May for 68 years of service
- Chocolate Walk tickets on sale now
- Manheim receives three Townie Awards
- Lititz Independence Day: Schedule of Events
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Penn Township, Pleasant View partner for community day
- Witmer earns valedictorian title for Manheim Central’s class of 2015
- Passenger pigeons once flocked to Lititz
- Manheim Central will graduate 235
- Festival of the Red Rose
Samuel J. Sherts Jr.90, WWII veteran, Pleasant View resident
Samuel J. Sherts Jr., 90, formerly of Mountville, passed away peacefully Friday, Jan. 6, 2012 at Pleasant View Retirement Community, Manheim.
Born Sept. 17, 1921 in Lancaster, he was the son of the late Samuel J. and Anna D. (Werner) Sherts Sr. He was married to Evelyn R. (Kline) Sherts for over 69 years. Evelyn died Nov. 11, 2009.
A 1939 graduate of J.P. McCaskey High School, Samuel went on to become a veteran of World War II, proudly serving with the U.S. Navy.
He will be lovingly missed by two daughters: Judith S. Kendig, of Lancaster; Barbara, wife of Glenn Siegler, of Polk City, Fla.; two grandchildren; two great-grandchildren; and a great-great grandson.
Private funeral services and interment will be at the convenience of the family.
To submit an online condolence, visit scheidfuneralhome.com.