- ‘Hello, Dolly!’ opens Thursday at EPAC
- ‘Somewhereville Station’ revisits the 50s and 60s
- Manheim Downtown Development Group will dissolve
- MC Art Show doubles in size
- Warwick students are tops at county science fair
- Science fair winner was inspired by his grandparents
- Lititz Community Band seeking members
- Warwick, Manheim Central musicals this weekend
- MCFEE auction, dinner set for March 12
- Benefit concert to support Veterans Honor Park of Lancaster County
Samuel J. Sherts Jr.90, WWII veteran, Pleasant View resident
Samuel J. Sherts Jr., 90, formerly of Mountville, passed away peacefully Friday, Jan. 6, 2012 at Pleasant View Retirement Community, Manheim.
Born Sept. 17, 1921 in Lancaster, he was the son of the late Samuel J. and Anna D. (Werner) Sherts Sr. He was married to Evelyn R. (Kline) Sherts for over 69 years. Evelyn died Nov. 11, 2009.
A 1939 graduate of J.P. McCaskey High School, Samuel went on to become a veteran of World War II, proudly serving with the U.S. Navy.
He will be lovingly missed by two daughters: Judith S. Kendig, of Lancaster; Barbara, wife of Glenn Siegler, of Polk City, Fla.; two grandchildren; two great-grandchildren; and a great-great grandson.
Private funeral services and interment will be at the convenience of the family.
To submit an online condolence, visit scheidfuneralhome.com.