- Youth Lit fest will feature Gordon Korman
- Travelogue will visit Northern Europe
- Field of Screams is a (dysfunctional) family affair
- Spachts honored for years of service
- Lititz women’s chorus seeking new members
- MCFEE Family Breakfast set for Oct. 24
- Cavalcade of Bands set for Halloween
- The Rooster Crows in Lititz
- Art about town
- More Chocolate Walk stops revealed
Samuel J. Sherts Jr.90, WWII veteran, Pleasant View resident
Samuel J. Sherts Jr., 90, formerly of Mountville, passed away peacefully Friday, Jan. 6, 2012 at Pleasant View Retirement Community, Manheim.
Born Sept. 17, 1921 in Lancaster, he was the son of the late Samuel J. and Anna D. (Werner) Sherts Sr. He was married to Evelyn R. (Kline) Sherts for over 69 years. Evelyn died Nov. 11, 2009.
A 1939 graduate of J.P. McCaskey High School, Samuel went on to become a veteran of World War II, proudly serving with the U.S. Navy.
He will be lovingly missed by two daughters: Judith S. Kendig, of Lancaster; Barbara, wife of Glenn Siegler, of Polk City, Fla.; two grandchildren; two great-grandchildren; and a great-great grandson.
Private funeral services and interment will be at the convenience of the family.
To submit an online condolence, visit scheidfuneralhome.com.