- ‘Hello, Dolly!’ opens Thursday at EPAC
- ‘Somewhereville Station’ revisits the 50s and 60s
- Manheim Downtown Development Group will dissolve
- MC Art Show doubles in size
- Warwick students are tops at county science fair
- Science fair winner was inspired by his grandparents
- Lititz Community Band seeking members
- Warwick, Manheim Central musicals this weekend
- MCFEE auction, dinner set for March 12
- Benefit concert to support Veterans Honor Park of Lancaster County
Samuel J. Seaber, Jr. 64, carpenter, enjoyed woodworking
Samuel J. Seaber, Jr., 64, Lititz, passed away unexpectedly March 7, 2013.
Born in Lancaster, he was the son of the late Samuel J. Sr. and Nancy (Hoover) Seaber. He was the husband of Kathryn (Hughes) Seaber. He and Kathy had celebrated their 36th wedding anniversary on Oct. 9.
Sam was a 1966 graduate of Manheim Township High School, where he was awarded varsity letters in football and baseball.
Immediately after graduation, he was employed by Buckwalter Construction and then Buch Concrete and Masonry. Most recently, he was a finish carpenter for Mike Enck Construction.
Sam’s hobbies included woodworking, gardening, cutting and splitting wood, coin collecting and family genealogy.
In addition to his wife, he is survived by a brother: John, husband of Barbara Seaber of Mountville; a sister: Peggy Market of Hampstead, Md.; two brothers-in-law: Russell, husband of Maureen Hughes of Lititz; and Bryan Hughes, companion of Colette Lind of Lancaster; and his nieces and nephews: Jennifer, Rebecca and John Seaber; Drew, Trevor and Eric Hughes; Lisa Trahan; and Jessica Zerphey.
Relatives and friends attended a funeral at First United Methodist Church on March 15. Interment was private.
In lieu of flowers, kindly send memorial contributions in Sam’s memory to: Lititz Historical Foundation, 145 E. Main St., Lititz, PA; or American Diabetes Assoc., 3544 N. Progress Ave., Suite 202, Harrisburg, PA 17110.
To send an on-line condolence, please visit kasnyderfuneralhome.com.