- Brickerville Fire Company honors Wilbur May for 68 years of service
- Chocolate Walk tickets on sale now
- Manheim receives three Townie Awards
- Lititz Independence Day: Schedule of Events
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Penn Township, Pleasant View partner for community day
- Witmer earns valedictorian title for Manheim Central’s class of 2015
- Passenger pigeons once flocked to Lititz
- Manheim Central will graduate 235
- Festival of the Red Rose
Samuel J. Seaber, Jr. 64, carpenter, enjoyed woodworking
Samuel J. Seaber, Jr., 64, Lititz, passed away unexpectedly March 7, 2013.
Born in Lancaster, he was the son of the late Samuel J. Sr. and Nancy (Hoover) Seaber. He was the husband of Kathryn (Hughes) Seaber. He and Kathy had celebrated their 36th wedding anniversary on Oct. 9.
Sam was a 1966 graduate of Manheim Township High School, where he was awarded varsity letters in football and baseball.
Immediately after graduation, he was employed by Buckwalter Construction and then Buch Concrete and Masonry. Most recently, he was a finish carpenter for Mike Enck Construction.
Sam’s hobbies included woodworking, gardening, cutting and splitting wood, coin collecting and family genealogy.
In addition to his wife, he is survived by a brother: John, husband of Barbara Seaber of Mountville; a sister: Peggy Market of Hampstead, Md.; two brothers-in-law: Russell, husband of Maureen Hughes of Lititz; and Bryan Hughes, companion of Colette Lind of Lancaster; and his nieces and nephews: Jennifer, Rebecca and John Seaber; Drew, Trevor and Eric Hughes; Lisa Trahan; and Jessica Zerphey.
Relatives and friends attended a funeral at First United Methodist Church on March 15. Interment was private.
In lieu of flowers, kindly send memorial contributions in Sam’s memory to: Lititz Historical Foundation, 145 E. Main St., Lititz, PA; or American Diabetes Assoc., 3544 N. Progress Ave., Suite 202, Harrisburg, PA 17110.
To send an on-line condolence, please visit kasnyderfuneralhome.com.