- Taste of the Town – March 5, 2014 Edition
- Slideshow – Snowstorm Pax
- 1944: Ralph Spacht donates Advertisements from 1944 building for community center
- Showcase of Homes
- Record Express undergoes most significant redesign in more than 75 years
- This ice is nice
- Crepes Recipe from the Sugar Arts Institute
- Snowy weather leads to accident
- Fire Co. needs help clearing hydrants
Samuel Heisey95, farmer, Middle Creek deacon
Samuel B. Heisey
Samuel B. Heisey, 95, formerly of Ephrata, passed away at Brethren Village surrounded by his family July 20, 2011.
Born in Clay Township, he was the son of the late Rev. Peter and Sadie Brubaker Heisey. He was married to the late Dorothy Snader and is survived by his second wife Arline Steckbeck.
Sam was a member of the Middle Creek Church of the Brethren, in Lititz, and was a lifetime deacon. A third generation farmer, he served on the Farm Bureau Board of Directors. He was a Clay Township school director and later served on the Ephrata Area School Authority.
Survivors include his wife Arline; children: Barbara, wife of Francis McCaffrey, Denver; Mary, wife of Thomas Keech, Ephrata; and David, husband of Joyce Heisey, Florence, Ariz.; step-children: Kenneth, husband of Janice Lutz; H. Ronald, husband of Jackie Lutz; and Dale, husband of Anna Lutz; six grandchildren; ten great-grandchildren; sister: Ruth Bushong; and a brother: Enos Heisey. He was preceded in death by a brother: Ralph.
On July 23, burial took place in the Heidelberg Cemetery, Reistville.
In lieu of flowers, contributions may be made in his memory to the Good Samaritan Fund, c/o Brethren Village.
To send online condolences, visit: richardheiseyfuneralhome.com.