- Youth Lit fest will feature Gordon Korman
- Travelogue will visit Northern Europe
- Field of Screams is a (dysfunctional) family affair
- Spachts honored for years of service
- Lititz women’s chorus seeking new members
- MCFEE Family Breakfast set for Oct. 24
- Cavalcade of Bands set for Halloween
- The Rooster Crows in Lititz
- Art about town
- More Chocolate Walk stops revealed
Ruth ZimmermanLuther Acres resident
Ruth E. Zimmerman, of Columbia, passed away Tuesday, June 12, 2012 at Luther Acres Manor in Lititz.
She was born in West Penn Township, Schuylkill County, daughter of the late Oliver and Elsie Ruch Zimmerman.
She was employed by H. Leh & Co. and retired from Penn Allen Glass. She was a member of the former St. Andrew’s United Church of Christ and member of St. John’s United Church of Christ, Whitehall.
She is survived by one brother: Harlan S., husband of Judith A. Zimmerman, of Columbia; and nieces and nephews.
She was preceded in death by two brothers: Curtis and Richard Zimmerman; and one sister: Alma Zimmerman.
Graveside service and burial will be held at Highland Memorial Park Cemetery, 1441 Roth Ave., Allentown, on June 23 at 11 a.m. with Rev. Dr. Becky Beckworth officiating.
In lieu of flowers, contributions may be made in her memory to St. John’s United Church of Christ, 575 Grape St., Whitehall, PA 18052 or Luthercare, 600 East Main St., Lititz, PA 17543.
Arrangements are being made by the Workman Funeral Homes Inc., Mountville/Columbia. To send an online condolence, visit workmanfuneralhomes.com.