- Brickerville Fire Company honors Wilbur May for 68 years of service
- Chocolate Walk tickets on sale now
- Manheim receives three Townie Awards
- Lititz Independence Day: Schedule of Events
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Penn Township, Pleasant View partner for community day
- Witmer earns valedictorian title for Manheim Central’s class of 2015
- Passenger pigeons once flocked to Lititz
- Manheim Central will graduate 235
- Festival of the Red Rose
Ruth N. Howard, 89, Lititz, McCaskey grad, Kunzler retiree, enjoyed time with grandkids
Ruth N. Howard, 89, of Lititz, passed away Saturday, June 21, 2014, at United Zion Retirement Community.
Born in Lancaster, she was the daughter of the late Albert and Esther Gochenaur Sourbeer.
Ruth was a graduate of J.P. McCaskey High School. She was employed as a meat packer for Kunzler’s for over 40 years. She loved going to Costco, doing yard work, and spending time with her grandchildren.
Surviving are a daughter-in-law: Sharon J. Howard of Lititz; two grandchildren: Chad M. Howard husband of Amanda, and Danielle M. Howard; and two great-grandchildren: August Mason and Jonah Shewbridge.
She was preceded in death by a son: David L. Howard; and seven brothers and sisters.
Relatives and friends are respectfully invited to attend Ruth’s Life Celebration Funeral Service at the chapel of United Zion Home, 722 Furnace Hills Pike, Lititz, on Wednesday, June 25, at 10 a.m. The family will receive friends from 9:30 a.m. until time of service.
Please omit flowers. If desired, memorial contributions may be sent in Ruth’s name to United Zion Caring Fund, 722 Furnace Hills Pike, Lititz, PA 17543.
To share your fondest memories of Ruth, visit lifecelebration.com. Arrangements entrusted to Spacht Funeral Home, Lititz.