- Taste of the Town – March 5, 2014 Edition
- Slideshow – Snowstorm Pax
- 1944: Ralph Spacht donates Advertisements from 1944 building for community center
- Showcase of Homes
- Record Express undergoes most significant redesign in more than 75 years
- This ice is nice
- Crepes Recipe from the Sugar Arts Institute
- Snowy weather leads to accident
- Fire Co. needs help clearing hydrants
Ruth M. Myer
101, worked for Groff candies,
Ruth M. Myer, 101, of Landis Homes, went home with her Lord Tuesday, Sept. 24, 2013. Born in East Lampeter Township, she was the daughter of the late Adam D. and Mary H. Denlinger Esbenshade. She was the wife of the late I. Willard Myer. She was a market clerk for Groff Candies and a member of Stumptown Mennonite Church. She was an avid seamstress and belonged to the church sewing circle. For many years, she would sew items and do needlework for the Mennonite Relief Sale.
She is survived by a daughter: Almeda J. wife of Mahlon Shenk of Lititz; sons: Wilmer E. husband of Martha Myer of Cocolamus; Donald L., husband of Blanche Myer of Lancaster; Dale E., husband of Glenna Sue Myer of Aurora, Ohio; 16 grandchildren; 56 great-grandchildren; 15 great-great-grandchildren; and a sister: Anna Hoover of Lititz.
She was preceded in death by a grandson: Greg Myer; a great-granddaughter; a great-grandson; a brother: A. Wilmer Esbenshade and sisters: Ella Hostetter and Mabel Shertzer.
A memorial service was held Sept. 30 at Stumptown Mennonite Church, Bird-in-Hand. The interment was private.
In lieu of flowers, contributions may be made to the Landis Homes Caring Fund, 1001 East Oregon Rd., Lititz, PA 17543.