- ‘Hello, Dolly!’ opens Thursday at EPAC
- ‘Somewhereville Station’ revisits the 50s and 60s
- Manheim Downtown Development Group will dissolve
- MC Art Show doubles in size
- Warwick students are tops at county science fair
- Science fair winner was inspired by his grandparents
- Lititz Community Band seeking members
- Warwick, Manheim Central musicals this weekend
- MCFEE auction, dinner set for March 12
- Benefit concert to support Veterans Honor Park of Lancaster County
Ruth M. Fierstein 71,Mennonite Home resident, worked Conestoga View
Ruth M. Fierstein, 71, of Lititz, passed away on Saturday, March 16, 2013 at the Mennonite Home, where she had been a longtime resident.
Born in Conestoga, she was the daughter of the late Arthur H. and Bertha M. Maurer Zercher. She was the wife of the late Dennis J. Fierstein, who passed away in 2002.
Ruth had worked at Conestoga View for 20 years, retiring as supervisor of housekeeping. She enjoyed gardening, loved to play pinochle and loved her cats.
She is survived by her sisters: Amy L. Weaver and Miriam E. Coble, both of Lancaster; and Patricia A., married to Paul Fickes of Lititz; and by her brothers: Richard P., married to Susan Zercher of Lancaster and Arthur H. Jr., married to Diane Zercher of Costa Mesa, Calif. She was preceded in death by her brother: George M. Zercher.
Graveside funeral services were held March 22 at Riverview Burial Park in Lancaster.
In lieu of flowers, please make contributions in Ruth’s memory to Hospice and Community Care, 685 Good Drive, Box 4125, Lancaster, PA 17604-4125; or to the Humane League of Lancaster, 2195 Lincoln Hwy. East, Lancaster, PA 17602.
To send an online condolence, please visit snyderfuneralhome.com.