- Youth Lit fest will feature Gordon Korman
- Travelogue will visit Northern Europe
- Field of Screams is a (dysfunctional) family affair
- Spachts honored for years of service
- Lititz women’s chorus seeking new members
- MCFEE Family Breakfast set for Oct. 24
- Cavalcade of Bands set for Halloween
- The Rooster Crows in Lititz
- Art about town
- More Chocolate Walk stops revealed
Ruth M. Fierstein 71,Mennonite Home resident, worked Conestoga View
Ruth M. Fierstein, 71, of Lititz, passed away on Saturday, March 16, 2013 at the Mennonite Home, where she had been a longtime resident.
Born in Conestoga, she was the daughter of the late Arthur H. and Bertha M. Maurer Zercher. She was the wife of the late Dennis J. Fierstein, who passed away in 2002.
Ruth had worked at Conestoga View for 20 years, retiring as supervisor of housekeeping. She enjoyed gardening, loved to play pinochle and loved her cats.
She is survived by her sisters: Amy L. Weaver and Miriam E. Coble, both of Lancaster; and Patricia A., married to Paul Fickes of Lititz; and by her brothers: Richard P., married to Susan Zercher of Lancaster and Arthur H. Jr., married to Diane Zercher of Costa Mesa, Calif. She was preceded in death by her brother: George M. Zercher.
Graveside funeral services were held March 22 at Riverview Burial Park in Lancaster.
In lieu of flowers, please make contributions in Ruth’s memory to Hospice and Community Care, 685 Good Drive, Box 4125, Lancaster, PA 17604-4125; or to the Humane League of Lancaster, 2195 Lincoln Hwy. East, Lancaster, PA 17602.
To send an online condolence, please visit snyderfuneralhome.com.