- Brickerville Fire Company honors Wilbur May for 68 years of service
- Chocolate Walk tickets on sale now
- Manheim receives three Townie Awards
- Lititz Independence Day: Schedule of Events
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Penn Township, Pleasant View partner for community day
- Witmer earns valedictorian title for Manheim Central’s class of 2015
- Passenger pigeons once flocked to Lititz
- Manheim Central will graduate 235
- Festival of the Red Rose
Ruth I. Wagaman87, Lititz High Class of 1942
Ruth I. Wagaman, 87, a lifelong resident of Lititz, passed away peacefully to be with the Lord, at home surrounded by family after a short illness under the care of Hospice, Sunday, Aug. 7, 2011.
Born in Lititz, she was the daughter of the late Andrew M. and Ida Shreiner Shissler. She was married to C. Howard Wagaman for 65 years on June 8.
Ruth was a 1942 graduate of the former Lititz High School. She worked at Armstrong until the birth of her children. Ruth was a member of Brunnerville United Methodist Church where she was a Sunday School teacher, youth group leader, nursery coordinator and held various other positions. She also helped with Meals on Wheels.
Surviving in addition to her husband are a son: Dennis H., husband of Kathy (Gunnet) Wagaman, York; two daughters: Donna I., wife of Keith Blackman, of Ephrata; and Diane L., wife of Rick Smith, of Denver; 13 grandchildren; 17 great-grandchildren; and a sister, Eva Becktel, Virginia Beach, Va.
She was preceded in death by a son: Douglas L. Wagaman; a brother: Henry Shissler; and a sister: Mae Hoffman.
Ruth’s life celebration service was held at Brunnerville U.M. Church, Lititz. Interment took place in Brunnerville U.M. Cemetery, Warwick Township. Memorial contributions in Ruth’s memory may be sent to the Brunnerville U.M. Church.
Spacht Funeral Home, Lititz, has been entrusted with the arrangements. To share fondest memories of Ruth, visit lifecelebration.com.