- Hello (again), Dolly!
- Kreider Farms opens silo observation tower
- ‘Hello, Dolly!’ opens Thursday at EPAC
- ‘Somewhereville Station’ revisits the 50s and 60s
- Manheim Downtown Development Group will dissolve
- MC Art Show doubles in size
- Warwick students are tops at county science fair
- Science fair winner was inspired by his grandparents
- Lititz Community Band seeking members
- Warwick, Manheim Central musicals this weekend
Ruth I. Wagaman87, Lititz High Class of 1942
Ruth I. Wagaman, 87, a lifelong resident of Lititz, passed away peacefully to be with the Lord, at home surrounded by family after a short illness under the care of Hospice, Sunday, Aug. 7, 2011.
Born in Lititz, she was the daughter of the late Andrew M. and Ida Shreiner Shissler. She was married to C. Howard Wagaman for 65 years on June 8.
Ruth was a 1942 graduate of the former Lititz High School. She worked at Armstrong until the birth of her children. Ruth was a member of Brunnerville United Methodist Church where she was a Sunday School teacher, youth group leader, nursery coordinator and held various other positions. She also helped with Meals on Wheels.
Surviving in addition to her husband are a son: Dennis H., husband of Kathy (Gunnet) Wagaman, York; two daughters: Donna I., wife of Keith Blackman, of Ephrata; and Diane L., wife of Rick Smith, of Denver; 13 grandchildren; 17 great-grandchildren; and a sister, Eva Becktel, Virginia Beach, Va.
She was preceded in death by a son: Douglas L. Wagaman; a brother: Henry Shissler; and a sister: Mae Hoffman.
Ruth’s life celebration service was held at Brunnerville U.M. Church, Lititz. Interment took place in Brunnerville U.M. Cemetery, Warwick Township. Memorial contributions in Ruth’s memory may be sent to the Brunnerville U.M. Church.
Spacht Funeral Home, Lititz, has been entrusted with the arrangements. To share fondest memories of Ruth, visit lifecelebration.com.