- Entertainment is on the ‘Taste of Lititz’ menu
- A perfect storm election: GOP incumbents prevail
- Warwick hires new solicitor
- July 4 ticket sales under way
- MiniTHON raises nearly $35K
- Illegal burning a hot topic at Elizabeth Twp. meeting
- With a little help from Friends… Manheim Community Pool prepares for 58th season
- Warwick continues MiniTHON tradition
- Manheim Historical Society honors Restore ‘N More
- MELA: A celebration of Indian culture
Ruth I. Wagaman87, Lititz High Class of 1942
Ruth I. Wagaman, 87, a lifelong resident of Lititz, passed away peacefully to be with the Lord, at home surrounded by family after a short illness under the care of Hospice, Sunday, Aug. 7, 2011.
Born in Lititz, she was the daughter of the late Andrew M. and Ida Shreiner Shissler. She was married to C. Howard Wagaman for 65 years on June 8.
Ruth was a 1942 graduate of the former Lititz High School. She worked at Armstrong until the birth of her children. Ruth was a member of Brunnerville United Methodist Church where she was a Sunday School teacher, youth group leader, nursery coordinator and held various other positions. She also helped with Meals on Wheels.
Surviving in addition to her husband are a son: Dennis H., husband of Kathy (Gunnet) Wagaman, York; two daughters: Donna I., wife of Keith Blackman, of Ephrata; and Diane L., wife of Rick Smith, of Denver; 13 grandchildren; 17 great-grandchildren; and a sister, Eva Becktel, Virginia Beach, Va.
She was preceded in death by a son: Douglas L. Wagaman; a brother: Henry Shissler; and a sister: Mae Hoffman.
Ruth’s life celebration service was held at Brunnerville U.M. Church, Lititz. Interment took place in Brunnerville U.M. Cemetery, Warwick Township. Memorial contributions in Ruth’s memory may be sent to the Brunnerville U.M. Church.
Spacht Funeral Home, Lititz, has been entrusted with the arrangements. To share fondest memories of Ruth, visit lifecelebration.com.