- ‘Hello, Dolly!’ opens Thursday at EPAC
- ‘Somewhereville Station’ revisits the 50s and 60s
- Manheim Downtown Development Group will dissolve
- MC Art Show doubles in size
- Warwick students are tops at county science fair
- Science fair winner was inspired by his grandparents
- Lititz Community Band seeking members
- Warwick, Manheim Central musicals this weekend
- MCFEE auction, dinner set for March 12
- Benefit concert to support Veterans Honor Park of Lancaster County
Ruth E. Little93, worked for prothonotary’s office
Ruth E. Little
Ruth Edna Little, 93, of Lititz, formerly of Lancaster, passed away Wednesday evening, Aug. 24, 2011 at Luther Acres in Lititz.
Born in Lancaster, she was the daughter of the late Edward Stewart and Ruth Jane Daugherty Little.
Ruth was a graduate of Lancaster High School and the Nyack Missionary Institute in Nyack, N.Y. She had served as a missions worker in Nigeria and then worked for the prothonotary’s office for 13 years in Lancaster, before she retired in 1973. She had been a member of Grace E.C. Church in Lancaster and past member of the Lancaster Girls High School Drum and Bugle Corps. Ruth loved animals, reading, knitting, crocheting, needlepoint and traveling.
Ruth is survived by various nieces and nephews.
She was preceded in death by her twin sister: Frances Dickel; her sister: Jane McComsey; and her two brothers: Ray and Paul Little.
Her life celebration service was held on Aug. 27 at Fred F. Groff Inc., Lancaster, with the Rev. E. Walter Cleckley Jr. officiating. Interment took place at Cedar Lawn Cemetery.
If desired, memorials may be sent in Ruth’s memory to The Humane League of Lancaster County, 2195 Lincoln Highway East, Lancaster, PA 17602.
To share fondest memories of Ruth, visit lifecelebration.com.