- Brickerville Fire Company honors Wilbur May for 68 years of service
- Chocolate Walk tickets on sale now
- Manheim receives three Townie Awards
- Lititz Independence Day: Schedule of Events
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Penn Township, Pleasant View partner for community day
- Witmer earns valedictorian title for Manheim Central’s class of 2015
- Passenger pigeons once flocked to Lititz
- Manheim Central will graduate 235
- Festival of the Red Rose
Ruth E. Little93, worked for prothonotary’s office
Ruth E. Little
Ruth Edna Little, 93, of Lititz, formerly of Lancaster, passed away Wednesday evening, Aug. 24, 2011 at Luther Acres in Lititz.
Born in Lancaster, she was the daughter of the late Edward Stewart and Ruth Jane Daugherty Little.
Ruth was a graduate of Lancaster High School and the Nyack Missionary Institute in Nyack, N.Y. She had served as a missions worker in Nigeria and then worked for the prothonotary’s office for 13 years in Lancaster, before she retired in 1973. She had been a member of Grace E.C. Church in Lancaster and past member of the Lancaster Girls High School Drum and Bugle Corps. Ruth loved animals, reading, knitting, crocheting, needlepoint and traveling.
Ruth is survived by various nieces and nephews.
She was preceded in death by her twin sister: Frances Dickel; her sister: Jane McComsey; and her two brothers: Ray and Paul Little.
Her life celebration service was held on Aug. 27 at Fred F. Groff Inc., Lancaster, with the Rev. E. Walter Cleckley Jr. officiating. Interment took place at Cedar Lawn Cemetery.
If desired, memorials may be sent in Ruth’s memory to The Humane League of Lancaster County, 2195 Lincoln Highway East, Lancaster, PA 17602.
To share fondest memories of Ruth, visit lifecelebration.com.