- Six inducted into MC Alumni Hall of Fame
- Facelift coming for Rothsville park
- Chiques Creek Watershed Alliance sponsors photo contest
- Lititz will be Rockin’: Festival, ‘NASCAR for bikes,’ returns April 26
- Full of moxie, Ashton Sweitzer takes on Philly
- Spam a little for ‘Spamalot’
- Taste of Lititz returns June 5
- Pix from Route 66
- Crafts & Draughts at JoBoy’s
- Streaks rally from early deficit to beat Warwick
Ruth E Killian, 89, taught in Cornwall-Lebanon district, long-time church organist
Ruth E Killian, 89, formerly of Lebanon County, passed away July 7, 2014 at Luther Acres in Lititz, where she resided for the past 12 years.
She was the daughter of the late Paul and Susan (Hoke) Killian. She is survived by three cousins, and was loved by many friends and former students.
Ruth was a retired school teacher for the Cornwall-Lebanon School District. She was a graduate of Lebanon Valley High School, Lebanon Valley College, and The University of Pennsylvania. She served as a history and English teacher at the former South Lebanon High School and had given organ and piano lessons at Cedar Crest High School. She was a member of the Pennsylvania Retired Teacher’s Association and the National Retired Teacher’s Association.
She served as church organist in Lebanon County for 40 years, including 25 years at Salem Lutheran Church. Ruth was well traveled and touched the lives of many. She will be remembered for her quick smile, friendly spirit, and optimistic nature.
A memorial service for friends of Ruth will be held at Luther Acres on Thursday, July 17 at 10:30 a.m. in the Chapel of the Good Samaritan, 250 St Luke Drive, Lititz, PA 17543. Interment will be private at Mt Lebanon Cemetery.
At Ruth’s request, memorial contributions may be made to Luther Acres, 600 E Main St, Lititz, PA 17543.
Christman’s Funeral Home, Inc., Lebanon, is honored to serve the family with the arrangements. Online condolences may be offered at christmansfuneralhome.com.