- Brickerville Fire Company honors Wilbur May for 68 years of service
- Chocolate Walk tickets on sale now
- Manheim receives three Townie Awards
- Lititz Independence Day: Schedule of Events
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Penn Township, Pleasant View partner for community day
- Witmer earns valedictorian title for Manheim Central’s class of 2015
- Passenger pigeons once flocked to Lititz
- Manheim Central will graduate 235
- Festival of the Red Rose
Ruth E Killian, 89, taught in Cornwall-Lebanon district, long-time church organist
Ruth E Killian, 89, formerly of Lebanon County, passed away July 7, 2014 at Luther Acres in Lititz, where she resided for the past 12 years.
She was the daughter of the late Paul and Susan (Hoke) Killian. She is survived by three cousins, and was loved by many friends and former students.
Ruth was a retired school teacher for the Cornwall-Lebanon School District. She was a graduate of Lebanon Valley High School, Lebanon Valley College, and The University of Pennsylvania. She served as a history and English teacher at the former South Lebanon High School and had given organ and piano lessons at Cedar Crest High School. She was a member of the Pennsylvania Retired Teacher’s Association and the National Retired Teacher’s Association.
She served as church organist in Lebanon County for 40 years, including 25 years at Salem Lutheran Church. Ruth was well traveled and touched the lives of many. She will be remembered for her quick smile, friendly spirit, and optimistic nature.
A memorial service for friends of Ruth will be held at Luther Acres on Thursday, July 17 at 10:30 a.m. in the Chapel of the Good Samaritan, 250 St Luke Drive, Lititz, PA 17543. Interment will be private at Mt Lebanon Cemetery.
At Ruth’s request, memorial contributions may be made to Luther Acres, 600 E Main St, Lititz, PA 17543.
Christman’s Funeral Home, Inc., Lebanon, is honored to serve the family with the arrangements. Online condolences may be offered at christmansfuneralhome.com.