- Entertainment is on the ‘Taste of Lititz’ menu
- A perfect storm election: GOP incumbents prevail
- Warwick hires new solicitor
- July 4 ticket sales under way
- MiniTHON raises nearly $35K
- Illegal burning a hot topic at Elizabeth Twp. meeting
- With a little help from Friends… Manheim Community Pool prepares for 58th season
- Warwick continues MiniTHON tradition
- Manheim Historical Society honors Restore ‘N More
- MELA: A celebration of Indian culture
Ruth C. Hauck 87, Lititz born, homemaker
Ruth C. Hauck, 87, of Columbia, died Sunday Dec. 8, 2012 at Lancaster General Hospital.
Born in Lititz, she was the daughter of the late Allen G. and Lizzie Erb Whitcraft. She was the wife of the late Melvin L. Hauck who preceded her in death in 2008.
Ruth was a homemaker most of her life. She was a member of the First Assembly of God Church in Columbia where she participated in Bible Studies and Women’s groups of the church. She loved putting puzzles together and spending time with her family.
Surviving is a son: Allen G. husband of Marcia C. Hauck of Mt. Joy; and a daughter: Carol A. wife of Glenn D. Bachert of Columbia; Also two grandchildren: Matthew R. husband of Andrea Nissley Backert of Elizabethtown, and Amanda L. Bachert of Aldephi, Md.; and a sister: Betty Pennington of Washington.
She was preceded in death by two sons: Michael L. Hauck and Melvin L. Hauck, Jr.; a grandson: Allen G. Hauck, Jr.; a sister: Verna Whitcraft; and brothers: Lloyd, Earl and Roy Whitcraft.
Funeral Services for Ruth will be held from the Clyde W. Kraft Funeral Home, Inc., 519 Walnut St., Columbia, Dec. 14 at 11 a.m. (viewing: 10 to 11 a.m.) with Pastor Robert Drescher officiating. Interment will be in Conestoga Memorial Park.
The family requests that flowers be omitted. Memorial Contributions in Ruth’s memory to the First Assembly of God Church, 4696 Breezyview Rd., Columbia, PA 17512 would be deeply appreciated.