- Brickerville Fire Company honors Wilbur May for 68 years of service
- Chocolate Walk tickets on sale now
- Manheim receives three Townie Awards
- Lititz Independence Day: Schedule of Events
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Penn Township, Pleasant View partner for community day
- Witmer earns valedictorian title for Manheim Central’s class of 2015
- Passenger pigeons once flocked to Lititz
- Manheim Central will graduate 235
- Festival of the Red Rose
Ruth C. Hauck 87, Lititz born, homemaker
Ruth C. Hauck, 87, of Columbia, died Sunday Dec. 8, 2012 at Lancaster General Hospital.
Born in Lititz, she was the daughter of the late Allen G. and Lizzie Erb Whitcraft. She was the wife of the late Melvin L. Hauck who preceded her in death in 2008.
Ruth was a homemaker most of her life. She was a member of the First Assembly of God Church in Columbia where she participated in Bible Studies and Women’s groups of the church. She loved putting puzzles together and spending time with her family.
Surviving is a son: Allen G. husband of Marcia C. Hauck of Mt. Joy; and a daughter: Carol A. wife of Glenn D. Bachert of Columbia; Also two grandchildren: Matthew R. husband of Andrea Nissley Backert of Elizabethtown, and Amanda L. Bachert of Aldephi, Md.; and a sister: Betty Pennington of Washington.
She was preceded in death by two sons: Michael L. Hauck and Melvin L. Hauck, Jr.; a grandson: Allen G. Hauck, Jr.; a sister: Verna Whitcraft; and brothers: Lloyd, Earl and Roy Whitcraft.
Funeral Services for Ruth will be held from the Clyde W. Kraft Funeral Home, Inc., 519 Walnut St., Columbia, Dec. 14 at 11 a.m. (viewing: 10 to 11 a.m.) with Pastor Robert Drescher officiating. Interment will be in Conestoga Memorial Park.
The family requests that flowers be omitted. Memorial Contributions in Ruth’s memory to the First Assembly of God Church, 4696 Breezyview Rd., Columbia, PA 17512 would be deeply appreciated.