- 5K fun run/walk will benefit Warwick grad
- Oysters on the square: Ted’s tiny diner was a big deal at Broad and Main
- Picturesque parade!
- Heart of Lancaster craft show is Labor Day weekend at Root’s
- Escape Room: real life fun, in a world ruled by virtual games
- Florence Foster Jenkins: the Moravian connection
- Local artists will display works at Gretna show
- Cub Scout Pack 44 welcomes kindergartners in new pilot program
- New book a ‘sign’ of hope for local author
- 50 years of art: Lititz Outdoor Fine Art Show set for July 30
Ruth C. Hauck 87, Lititz born, homemaker
Ruth C. Hauck, 87, of Columbia, died Sunday Dec. 8, 2012 at Lancaster General Hospital.
Born in Lititz, she was the daughter of the late Allen G. and Lizzie Erb Whitcraft. She was the wife of the late Melvin L. Hauck who preceded her in death in 2008.
Ruth was a homemaker most of her life. She was a member of the First Assembly of God Church in Columbia where she participated in Bible Studies and Women’s groups of the church. She loved putting puzzles together and spending time with her family.
Surviving is a son: Allen G. husband of Marcia C. Hauck of Mt. Joy; and a daughter: Carol A. wife of Glenn D. Bachert of Columbia; Also two grandchildren: Matthew R. husband of Andrea Nissley Backert of Elizabethtown, and Amanda L. Bachert of Aldephi, Md.; and a sister: Betty Pennington of Washington.
She was preceded in death by two sons: Michael L. Hauck and Melvin L. Hauck, Jr.; a grandson: Allen G. Hauck, Jr.; a sister: Verna Whitcraft; and brothers: Lloyd, Earl and Roy Whitcraft.
Funeral Services for Ruth will be held from the Clyde W. Kraft Funeral Home, Inc., 519 Walnut St., Columbia, Dec. 14 at 11 a.m. (viewing: 10 to 11 a.m.) with Pastor Robert Drescher officiating. Interment will be in Conestoga Memorial Park.
The family requests that flowers be omitted. Memorial Contributions in Ruth’s memory to the First Assembly of God Church, 4696 Breezyview Rd., Columbia, PA 17512 would be deeply appreciated.