- Entertainment is on the ‘Taste of Lititz’ menu
- A perfect storm election: GOP incumbents prevail
- Warwick hires new solicitor
- July 4 ticket sales under way
- MiniTHON raises nearly $35K
- Illegal burning a hot topic at Elizabeth Twp. meeting
- With a little help from Friends… Manheim Community Pool prepares for 58th season
- Warwick continues MiniTHON tradition
- Manheim Historical Society honors Restore ‘N More
- MELA: A celebration of Indian culture
Ruth Bruce Keller
96, ’34 Lititz May Queen, owner of Keller’s Gift Shop
Ruth Bruce Keller, 96, of Lititz, passed away Thursday, Nov. 7, 2013 at Luther Acres.
Born in New York, she was the daughter of the late Clifford and Dorothy Roberts Bruce. Married Nov. 20, 1937 in Elkton, Md. to John W. Keller, they celebrated their 75th wedding anniversary last November with friends and family.
A member of the Lititz Church of the Brethren, Ruth was the 1934 Lititz May Queen and a graduate of Lititz High School. As a young girl, she enjoyed riding her horse "Rocket." Ruth and John owned Keller’s Gift Shop on Main Street in Lititz for 28 years before retiring in 1979. She was a published genealogist and avid reader. Known to be a wonderful cook, she enjoyed spending time with her children, grandchildren and great-grandchildren.
She will be lovingly missed by her husband and surviving sons: Robert, husband of Sarah, Rochester, Minn.; Dr. Jon Michael, husband of Lynne, Ephrata; daughter: Sandra, wife of Leon Pennell, Lititz; sister: Jean Yeaworth, South Carolina; brother, C. Edwin Bruce, Jr., New York; seven grandchildren; 10 great-grandchildren and two step great-grandchildren. She is preceded in death by a daughter: Sueann and sisters: Helen Orman and Betty Nemes.
A memorial service for friends and family will be held Nov. 15, 2013, at 11 a.m. from the Lititz Church of the Brethren Chapel, 300 W. Orange St. Lititz. Private interment will be held at the convenience of the family.
Contributions in Ruth’s memory may be made to the Allyson Wenger Family Life Enrichment Fund, 300 W. Orange St., Lititz, PA 17543.
To send online condolences to the family, visit richardheiseyfuneralhome.com.