- Brickerville Fire Company honors Wilbur May for 68 years of service
- Chocolate Walk tickets on sale now
- Manheim receives three Townie Awards
- Lititz Independence Day: Schedule of Events
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Penn Township, Pleasant View partner for community day
- Witmer earns valedictorian title for Manheim Central’s class of 2015
- Passenger pigeons once flocked to Lititz
- Manheim Central will graduate 235
- Festival of the Red Rose
Ruth A. Amos94, former Lititz resident, enjoyed cooking, canning
Ruth Arlene Amos, 94, formerly of Lititz, passed away Saturday, June 30, 2012 at HCR Manor Care,York.
She was born in Townville to Percy and Harriet (Marvin) Coe and was the wife of the late Fred R. (Bud) Amos.
Ruth was a homemaker. She enjoyed cooking and canning and was of the Methodist faith.
Ruth is survived by a son: James C., husband of Kathy M. (Benner) Amos, of Stevens; a daughter: Harriet E., wife of the late Harry Bell, of Ephrata; five grandchildren; and four great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her husband: Fred R. (Bud) Amos; two brothers: Vern and Willard Coe; and two sisters: Helen Magee and Bessie Thornton.
Private services and interment will be held at the convenience of the family.
Memorial contributions in Ruth’s memory may be made to Heartland Hospice Memorial Fund, 333 N. Summit St., P.O. Box 10086, Toledo, OH 43699-0086.
Arrangements are being made by Stradling Funeral Homes Inc., Akron/Ephrata. Online condolences can be given at stradlingfuneralhome.com.