- ‘Hello, Dolly!’ opens Thursday at EPAC
- ‘Somewhereville Station’ revisits the 50s and 60s
- Manheim Downtown Development Group will dissolve
- MC Art Show doubles in size
- Warwick students are tops at county science fair
- Science fair winner was inspired by his grandparents
- Lititz Community Band seeking members
- Warwick, Manheim Central musicals this weekend
- MCFEE auction, dinner set for March 12
- Benefit concert to support Veterans Honor Park of Lancaster County
Ruth A. Amos94, former Lititz resident, enjoyed cooking, canning
Ruth Arlene Amos, 94, formerly of Lititz, passed away Saturday, June 30, 2012 at HCR Manor Care,York.
She was born in Townville to Percy and Harriet (Marvin) Coe and was the wife of the late Fred R. (Bud) Amos.
Ruth was a homemaker. She enjoyed cooking and canning and was of the Methodist faith.
Ruth is survived by a son: James C., husband of Kathy M. (Benner) Amos, of Stevens; a daughter: Harriet E., wife of the late Harry Bell, of Ephrata; five grandchildren; and four great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her husband: Fred R. (Bud) Amos; two brothers: Vern and Willard Coe; and two sisters: Helen Magee and Bessie Thornton.
Private services and interment will be held at the convenience of the family.
Memorial contributions in Ruth’s memory may be made to Heartland Hospice Memorial Fund, 333 N. Summit St., P.O. Box 10086, Toledo, OH 43699-0086.
Arrangements are being made by Stradling Funeral Homes Inc., Akron/Ephrata. Online condolences can be given at stradlingfuneralhome.com.