- 5K fun run/walk will benefit Warwick grad
- Oysters on the square: Ted’s tiny diner was a big deal at Broad and Main
- Picturesque parade!
- Heart of Lancaster craft show is Labor Day weekend at Root’s
- Escape Room: real life fun, in a world ruled by virtual games
- Florence Foster Jenkins: the Moravian connection
- Local artists will display works at Gretna show
- Cub Scout Pack 44 welcomes kindergartners in new pilot program
- New book a ‘sign’ of hope for local author
- 50 years of art: Lititz Outdoor Fine Art Show set for July 30
Russell E. Mearig82, Army vet, Warwick School District retiree
Russell E. Mearig, 82, of Lititz passed away Tuesday, Jan. 17, 2012 at his residence following a courageous battle with cancer for seven years.
He was the son of the late Nelson and Anna Schmuck Mearig and was the husband of Annabelle Antes Mearig.
Russell served in the U.S. Army during the Korean War and was a lifelong member of VFW Post #1463 of Lititz. He enjoyed life and walking and was a wonderful husband, father and grandfather. He retired from the Warwick School District and prior to that worked at the B & G Shoe Factory for most of his life.
He is survived by his wife: Annabelle; grandsons: Alex and William; brothers: Glen, of Maryland; and Richard, husband of Judy, of Lititz.
He was preceded in death by a son: Bradford; sisters: Irene and Eloise; and brothers: Elvin, Sketch and Carl.
Funeral services were held on Jan. 20 at the Lititz United Methodist Church. Burial followed in Graybill’s Brethren Cemetery in Elm.
Contributions may be made in his memory to Hospice of Lancaster County, P.O. Box 4125, Lancaster, PA 17604-4125.
To send online condolences, visit richardheiseyfuneralhome.com.