- ‘Hello, Dolly!’ opens Thursday at EPAC
- ‘Somewhereville Station’ revisits the 50s and 60s
- Manheim Downtown Development Group will dissolve
- MC Art Show doubles in size
- Warwick students are tops at county science fair
- Science fair winner was inspired by his grandparents
- Lititz Community Band seeking members
- Warwick, Manheim Central musicals this weekend
- MCFEE auction, dinner set for March 12
- Benefit concert to support Veterans Honor Park of Lancaster County
Russell E. Mearig82, Army vet, Warwick School District retiree
Russell E. Mearig, 82, of Lititz passed away Tuesday, Jan. 17, 2012 at his residence following a courageous battle with cancer for seven years.
He was the son of the late Nelson and Anna Schmuck Mearig and was the husband of Annabelle Antes Mearig.
Russell served in the U.S. Army during the Korean War and was a lifelong member of VFW Post #1463 of Lititz. He enjoyed life and walking and was a wonderful husband, father and grandfather. He retired from the Warwick School District and prior to that worked at the B & G Shoe Factory for most of his life.
He is survived by his wife: Annabelle; grandsons: Alex and William; brothers: Glen, of Maryland; and Richard, husband of Judy, of Lititz.
He was preceded in death by a son: Bradford; sisters: Irene and Eloise; and brothers: Elvin, Sketch and Carl.
Funeral services were held on Jan. 20 at the Lititz United Methodist Church. Burial followed in Graybill’s Brethren Cemetery in Elm.
Contributions may be made in his memory to Hospice of Lancaster County, P.O. Box 4125, Lancaster, PA 17604-4125.
To send online condolences, visit richardheiseyfuneralhome.com.