- Entertainment is on the ‘Taste of Lititz’ menu
- A perfect storm election: GOP incumbents prevail
- Warwick hires new solicitor
- July 4 ticket sales under way
- MiniTHON raises nearly $35K
- Illegal burning a hot topic at Elizabeth Twp. meeting
- With a little help from Friends… Manheim Community Pool prepares for 58th season
- Warwick continues MiniTHON tradition
- Manheim Historical Society honors Restore ‘N More
- MELA: A celebration of Indian culture
Rose M. Ascoli87, telephone pioneer, Brooklyn native
Rose M. Ascoli, 87, of Lancaster, formerly of Lititz, passed away Saturday, July 2, 2011 at Calvary Fellowship Homes.
Born in Brooklyn, N.Y., she was the daughter of the late Pietro and Raffaela (Nardi) Turano. She was the wife of the late Vincent Ascoli, who passed away March 29, 1978.
Rose retired in 1989 as a telephone operator at the New York Telephone Company. She was a member of the Telephone Pioneers of America. She was also a member of AARP and the Lititz Senior Center.
Rose was recognized for her volunteer work at the Lancaster County Office of the Aging. She enjoyed sewing and cooking, and was very family oriented. She loved to spend time and talk with her family.
She is survived by six children: Saverio Ascoli, husband of Eloise; John Ascoli, husband of Sally; Dora L. Ambler, wife of John; Marlene Bruno; Regina M. Gillis, wife of William; and Christopher Ascoli, husband of Catherine; three brothers: Anthony, John and Pasquale Turano; and a sister: Jean Fuzie. She was a proud grandmother of 15 grandchildren and 12 great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by a sister: Ida D’Alessio; and a brother: Michael Turano.
A mass of Christian burial was held July 7 at St. James Catholic Church with the Rev. James O’Blaney as Celebrant. Interment was private at Long Island National Cemetery.
In lieu of flowers, contributions can be made to a charity of your choice in Rose’s memory.
To send the family online condolences, visit SnyderFuneralHome.com. Charles F. Snyder Jr. Funeral Home & Crematory handled the arrangements.