- ‘Hello, Dolly!’ opens Thursday at EPAC
- ‘Somewhereville Station’ revisits the 50s and 60s
- Manheim Downtown Development Group will dissolve
- MC Art Show doubles in size
- Warwick students are tops at county science fair
- Science fair winner was inspired by his grandparents
- Lititz Community Band seeking members
- Warwick, Manheim Central musicals this weekend
- MCFEE auction, dinner set for March 12
- Benefit concert to support Veterans Honor Park of Lancaster County
Ronald D. Myers 69, service station owner
Ronald D. Myers, 69, of Lancaster, passed away Friday, Aug. 3, 2012 at Hospice & Community Care in Mount Joy after a year-long battle with lung cancer.
He was formerly married to his companion, Sandra L. Myers. Born in East Petersburg, he was the son of the late Walter and Helen Fields Myers.
In the late 1960s and early 1970s, Ron had been the owner of the Sunoco service station in Lancaster and the Exxon service station in Columbia. Ron had also worked as a mechanic for Kenworth Mechanics and recently had been working part time at Faulkner BMW as a parts driver. He enjoyed boating, NASCAR and all types of motorsports.
He is survived by his children: Tony R., husband of Patricia Myers of Manheim, Curtis L., husband of Kelly Myers of Chesapeake, Va., Thomas L., husband of Lisa Myers of Lancaster, Jody M., wife of Bob Brady of Lancaster, and Ronald Jr., husband of Tammy Myers of Mt. Joy; and his stepchildren, Sherry Wilson of Oxford, and Daren Johns of Bellwood. He is also survived by 16 grandchildren; nine great-grandchildren; three brothers: William husband of Mary Myers of Landenberg, Pa., Kenneth, of Lebanon, Larry, of Holtwood; and a sister, June Kreider of Lebanon.
A service was held at Charles F. Snyder, Jr. Funeral Home & Crematory on Aug. 7, with interment in Conestoga Memorial Park.
In lieu of flowers, please make contributions in Ron’s memory to Hospice & Community Care, 685 Good Drive, Box 4125, Lancaster, PA 17604-4125.
To send an online condolence, please visit SnyderFuneralHome.com.