- Brickerville Fire Company honors Wilbur May for 68 years of service
- Chocolate Walk tickets on sale now
- Manheim receives three Townie Awards
- Lititz Independence Day: Schedule of Events
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Penn Township, Pleasant View partner for community day
- Witmer earns valedictorian title for Manheim Central’s class of 2015
- Passenger pigeons once flocked to Lititz
- Manheim Central will graduate 235
- Festival of the Red Rose
Ronald D. Myers 69, service station owner
Ronald D. Myers, 69, of Lancaster, passed away Friday, Aug. 3, 2012 at Hospice & Community Care in Mount Joy after a year-long battle with lung cancer.
He was formerly married to his companion, Sandra L. Myers. Born in East Petersburg, he was the son of the late Walter and Helen Fields Myers.
In the late 1960s and early 1970s, Ron had been the owner of the Sunoco service station in Lancaster and the Exxon service station in Columbia. Ron had also worked as a mechanic for Kenworth Mechanics and recently had been working part time at Faulkner BMW as a parts driver. He enjoyed boating, NASCAR and all types of motorsports.
He is survived by his children: Tony R., husband of Patricia Myers of Manheim, Curtis L., husband of Kelly Myers of Chesapeake, Va., Thomas L., husband of Lisa Myers of Lancaster, Jody M., wife of Bob Brady of Lancaster, and Ronald Jr., husband of Tammy Myers of Mt. Joy; and his stepchildren, Sherry Wilson of Oxford, and Daren Johns of Bellwood. He is also survived by 16 grandchildren; nine great-grandchildren; three brothers: William husband of Mary Myers of Landenberg, Pa., Kenneth, of Lebanon, Larry, of Holtwood; and a sister, June Kreider of Lebanon.
A service was held at Charles F. Snyder, Jr. Funeral Home & Crematory on Aug. 7, with interment in Conestoga Memorial Park.
In lieu of flowers, please make contributions in Ron’s memory to Hospice & Community Care, 685 Good Drive, Box 4125, Lancaster, PA 17604-4125.
To send an online condolence, please visit SnyderFuneralHome.com.