- Entertainment is on the ‘Taste of Lititz’ menu
- A perfect storm election: GOP incumbents prevail
- Warwick hires new solicitor
- July 4 ticket sales under way
- MiniTHON raises nearly $35K
- Illegal burning a hot topic at Elizabeth Twp. meeting
- With a little help from Friends… Manheim Community Pool prepares for 58th season
- Warwick continues MiniTHON tradition
- Manheim Historical Society honors Restore ‘N More
- MELA: A celebration of Indian culture
Ronald D. Myers 69, service station owner
Ronald D. Myers, 69, of Lancaster, passed away Friday, Aug. 3, 2012 at Hospice & Community Care in Mount Joy after a year-long battle with lung cancer.
He was formerly married to his companion, Sandra L. Myers. Born in East Petersburg, he was the son of the late Walter and Helen Fields Myers.
In the late 1960s and early 1970s, Ron had been the owner of the Sunoco service station in Lancaster and the Exxon service station in Columbia. Ron had also worked as a mechanic for Kenworth Mechanics and recently had been working part time at Faulkner BMW as a parts driver. He enjoyed boating, NASCAR and all types of motorsports.
He is survived by his children: Tony R., husband of Patricia Myers of Manheim, Curtis L., husband of Kelly Myers of Chesapeake, Va., Thomas L., husband of Lisa Myers of Lancaster, Jody M., wife of Bob Brady of Lancaster, and Ronald Jr., husband of Tammy Myers of Mt. Joy; and his stepchildren, Sherry Wilson of Oxford, and Daren Johns of Bellwood. He is also survived by 16 grandchildren; nine great-grandchildren; three brothers: William husband of Mary Myers of Landenberg, Pa., Kenneth, of Lebanon, Larry, of Holtwood; and a sister, June Kreider of Lebanon.
A service was held at Charles F. Snyder, Jr. Funeral Home & Crematory on Aug. 7, with interment in Conestoga Memorial Park.
In lieu of flowers, please make contributions in Ron’s memory to Hospice & Community Care, 685 Good Drive, Box 4125, Lancaster, PA 17604-4125.
To send an online condolence, please visit SnyderFuneralHome.com.