- ‘Hello, Dolly!’ opens Thursday at EPAC
- ‘Somewhereville Station’ revisits the 50s and 60s
- Manheim Downtown Development Group will dissolve
- MC Art Show doubles in size
- Warwick students are tops at county science fair
- Science fair winner was inspired by his grandparents
- Lititz Community Band seeking members
- Warwick, Manheim Central musicals this weekend
- MCFEE auction, dinner set for March 12
- Benefit concert to support Veterans Honor Park of Lancaster County
Ronald D. Hamsher
73, retired Warwick language arts teacher
Ronald D. Hamsher, 73, of Columbia, passed away Monday, Dec. 16, 2013 at home.
Born in Allentown, he was the spouse of Stephen D. Hamsher, former husband of Georgene Hoff and the son of the late Joseph and Mildred (Reppert) Hamsher.
Ronald graduated from Brandywine Heights High School, Topton. He attended F&M College, Muhlenburg College and graduated from Millersville University where he received a degree in elementary education. Ronald then later received a Master’s Degree in Guidance from Millersville University. Ronald was a teacher of Language Arts for Warwick School District, retiring in 1997 after 31 years of service. In his retirement, Ronald was an adjunct professor at Millersville University. He also worked as a greeter at Dutch Apple Dinner Theater and loved the theater. He enjoyed the shore at Bethany Beach, painting, house remodeling, reading and gardening. Ronald loved to be around people.
Surviving in addition to his spouse, Stephen, are Ronald’s three children: Brett J. Hamsher of Lititz; Doug J. Hamsher, husband of Patty, of Cordova, Md. and Elizabeth A. Conn, wife of Steve, of Mount Joy; six grandchildren; a nephew: Christopher Hamsher; and a niece: Megan Ogden.
Ronald was preceded in death by a brother, Neil J. Hamsher.
A funeral service was held Dec. 20 at the Charles F. Snyder, Jr. Funeral Home & Crematory, Lititz.
In lieu of flowers, contributions may be made in Ronald’s memory to Hospice of All Seasons, 2741 Paxton Street, Suite 200, Harrisburg, PA 17111 or to the American Cancer Society, 314 Good Drive, Lancaster, PA 17603. Special attention to freedomtomarry.org.
To send the family online condolences, visit snyderfuneralhome.com.