- Northwest EMS breaks ground on new Manheim facility
- Entertainment is on the ‘Taste of Lititz’ menu
- A perfect storm election: GOP incumbents prevail
- Warwick hires new solicitor
- July 4 ticket sales under way
- MiniTHON raises nearly $35K
- Illegal burning a hot topic at Elizabeth Twp. meeting
- With a little help from Friends… Manheim Community Pool prepares for 58th season
- Warwick continues MiniTHON tradition
- Manheim Historical Society honors Restore ‘N More
Romaine (Sensenig) Shirk
89, Woman’s Club member, volunteer
Romaine (Sensenig) Shirk, 89, of Lititz, passed away Saturday, Jan. 4, 2014, at Lancaster General Hospital.
She was born in Lancaster to Clarence and Minnie (Speidel) Sensenig and was the wife of the late K.L. Shirk Jr.
She was a member of The First Presbyterian Church of Lancaster, a Crisis Intervention volunteer, and former member of the Akron Women’s Club. She enjoyed fishing, boating, traveling, spending time with family and friends at her cottage in Pequea, and playing cards with her Akron Card Club friends over the years.
Romaine is survived by three children: Kenelm L. III, husband of Marsha (Chamberlain) Shirk of Lancaster; Kathie, wife of Jeffrey Gonick of Lancaster and Kraig, husband of Joni (Martin) Shirk of Strasburg; five grandchildren: Meghan Gonick, Justin Shirk, Alissa Zissman, Adrienne Shirk and Jeffrey S. Gonick; two great-grandchildren: Aaron Shirk and Tevye Zissman.
In addition to her parents and husband, she was preceded in death by a sister, Elizabeth Jane Knight.
Services will be private at the convenience of the family. Interment will take place in the Keller’s Cemetery of Springville, Ephrata Township.
Kindly omit flowers. Memorial contributions in Romaine’s memory may be made to the American Heart Association, Lancaster Chapter, 610 Community Way, Lancaster, PA 17603.
Arrangements by Stradling Funeral Homes, Inc., Akron/Ephrata. Online condolences can be given at stradlingfuneralhome.com.