- ‘Hello, Dolly!’ opens Thursday at EPAC
- ‘Somewhereville Station’ revisits the 50s and 60s
- Manheim Downtown Development Group will dissolve
- MC Art Show doubles in size
- Warwick students are tops at county science fair
- Science fair winner was inspired by his grandparents
- Lititz Community Band seeking members
- Warwick, Manheim Central musicals this weekend
- MCFEE auction, dinner set for March 12
- Benefit concert to support Veterans Honor Park of Lancaster County
Robert Lewis Allen, Sr., 84, founder of Lancaster Toyota-Mazda, collected vintage autos
Robert Lewis Allen, Sr., 82, of Lititz, passed away Thursday, July 24, 2014 at his residence.
Born in Bryn Mawr, he was the son of the late William and Emma Louise (Cobb) Allen. He was the husband of Joy (Gill) Allen.
Bob graduated with a Bachelor of Science from Temple University. Founder of Lancaster Toyota-Mazda in 1973, Bob considered his employees his extended family. He and Joy were married for 58 years, and spent very happy times together at their vacation homes in England, Naples, Fla., Beach Haven, N.J. and Nantucket. He enjoyed car hill-climbing, collecting old cars, sailing and motor boating.
Bob’s favorite song was “My Way”, which was how he lived his life, and very successfully.
Surviving in addition to his wife: Joy: is a son: Robert L. Allen, Jr., husband of Christina; two grandsons: Thomas Shireman and Bradford Allen; two granddaughters: Keara (Allen) Dagen, wife of Robert, and Morgan Allen; step-granddaughter: Jennifer Leppo; great-grandson: Diggory Dagen; step-great-grandson: Cullen Leppo; great-granddaughter: Catherine Dagen; and a sister: Elizabeth Featherman.
Bob was preceded in death by a daughter: Patricia Shireman; and two brothers: William and Bruce Allen.
A Memorial Service will be held at 4 p.m. on Sunday, Aug. 3, at Highland Presbyterian Church, 500 E. Roseville Road, Lancaster, with Rev. Ann Osborne and Rev. Dr. Jim Hanna officiating. Family and friends will be received two hours prior to the service.
Please omit flowers. Contributions may be made in Bob’s memory to Hospice & Community Care, 685 Good Drive, Box 4125, Lancaster, PA 17604.
To send the family online condolences, visit SnyderFuneralHome.com. Arrangements by Charles F. Snyder, Jr. Funeral Home & Crematory.