- Entertainment is on the ‘Taste of Lititz’ menu
- A perfect storm election: GOP incumbents prevail
- Warwick hires new solicitor
- July 4 ticket sales under way
- MiniTHON raises nearly $35K
- Illegal burning a hot topic at Elizabeth Twp. meeting
- With a little help from Friends… Manheim Community Pool prepares for 58th season
- Warwick continues MiniTHON tradition
- Manheim Historical Society honors Restore ‘N More
- MELA: A celebration of Indian culture
Robert L. English 69, member of Lititz American Legion, Eagles fan
Robert L. English, 69, of Lititz, died Thursday, March 20, 2014 at Coatesville VA Medical Center.
Born in Pottsville, he was the son of the late Robert and Helena (Bankes) English. Bob was married to Elva “Ellie” (Poché) English since August 2010.
Bob served in the US Navy during the Vietnam War and was a member of Garden Spot American Legion Post #56, Lititz. He lived in Philadelphia and worked as a clerk in immigration for the Federal Government. Before moving to Lititz in 2012, Bob lived in North Carolina for three years. Bob was of the Catholic Faith. He loved trains and animals. He rooting for the Eagles, and was a stamp collector.
Surviving in addition to his wife, Ellie; are a stepdaughter: Shanon Rocco of Southampton, Pa.; stepson: Robert Kaler, husband of Eileen of Bayport, N.Y.; five grandchildren: Sarah Rocco, Antonio Rocco, Riley Kaler, Jill Kaler and Darby Kaler; and two sisters: Barbara Furey, wife of James of Philadelphia and Sandra McGinley of Sewel, N.J.
Services were held March 25 at Charles F. Snyder, Jr. Funeral Home & Crematory, Lititz, with Rev. Matthew Larlick officiating. with Military Honors took place at IndiantownGapNationalCemetery. In lieu of flowers, Memorial Contributions may be made to the Humane League of Lancaster County, 2195 Lincoln Highway East, Lancaster, PA17602.
To send the family online condolences, visit snyderfuneralhome.com. Arrangements entrusted to Charles F. Snyder, Jr. Funeral Home & Crematory, Lititz.