- ‘Hello, Dolly!’ opens Thursday at EPAC
- ‘Somewhereville Station’ revisits the 50s and 60s
- Manheim Downtown Development Group will dissolve
- MC Art Show doubles in size
- Warwick students are tops at county science fair
- Science fair winner was inspired by his grandparents
- Lititz Community Band seeking members
- Warwick, Manheim Central musicals this weekend
- MCFEE auction, dinner set for March 12
- Benefit concert to support Veterans Honor Park of Lancaster County
Robert L. Abel, 86, U.S. Merchant Marines veteran
Robert Leonard Abel, 86, of Lititz, formerly of Virginia, died Thursday, Aug. 11, 2011 at Luther Acres Manor.
He was the loving husband of the late Josephine F. Abel, who died in 2009.
Born in Scranton, he was a veteran of the U.S. Merchant Marines serving during World War II.
He is survived by his children: Robert L., husband of Peggy Abel, Wellington, Fla.; Ronald G. Abel, Louisa, Va.; Timothy R., husband of Barbara Abel, Lake Ridge, Va.; Mary-Jo, wife of Mark Abel Liskey, Marietta; and Todd B. Abel, Lake Ridge, Va.; seven grandchildren; and 11 great-grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by a son: Thomas E. Abel; and a brother: Louis Abel.
Robert’s service was held graveside along with military honors at Indiantown Gap National Cemetery on Aug. 15 at 3 p.m.
Kindly omit flowers. If desired, memorial contributions may be sent to LutherCare, 600 E. Main St., Lititz, PA 17543.
Spacht Funeral Home, Lititz, has been entrusted with the arrangements. To share fondest memories of Robert, visit lifecelebration.com.