- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- ‘Spamalot’ coming to EPAC
- Dutchland Derby Rollers rock the Black Rose All-Stars
- Kentucky Derby Day party May 2
- Crowlers at St. Boniface
- Lititz Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
- ‘Lititz Remembers’: Lititz Springs Park will host Memorial Day display
- 130 years of service
- Six inducted into MC Alumni Hall of Fame
- Facelift coming for Rothsville park
Robert L. Abel, 86, U.S. Merchant Marines veteran
Robert Leonard Abel, 86, of Lititz, formerly of Virginia, died Thursday, Aug. 11, 2011 at Luther Acres Manor.
He was the loving husband of the late Josephine F. Abel, who died in 2009.
Born in Scranton, he was a veteran of the U.S. Merchant Marines serving during World War II.
He is survived by his children: Robert L., husband of Peggy Abel, Wellington, Fla.; Ronald G. Abel, Louisa, Va.; Timothy R., husband of Barbara Abel, Lake Ridge, Va.; Mary-Jo, wife of Mark Abel Liskey, Marietta; and Todd B. Abel, Lake Ridge, Va.; seven grandchildren; and 11 great-grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by a son: Thomas E. Abel; and a brother: Louis Abel.
Robert’s service was held graveside along with military honors at Indiantown Gap National Cemetery on Aug. 15 at 3 p.m.
Kindly omit flowers. If desired, memorial contributions may be sent to LutherCare, 600 E. Main St., Lititz, PA 17543.
Spacht Funeral Home, Lititz, has been entrusted with the arrangements. To share fondest memories of Robert, visit lifecelebration.com.