- The ‘Great Eastern Wizard’ of the Park House hotel
- Manheim woodworker crafts bodies for Martin Guitar
- Siblings homeless after being separated 40 years
- Going, going, gone! Local beer events selling out quickly
- ‘American Idiot’ at EPAC
- Finally: the Ephrata Brewfest!
- The fallout of 11 MC bomb threats
- Memorial Day Parade
- Second Friday the 13th
- Farmers market opens May 21
Robert H. Woods81, Air Force veteran, RCA retiree
Robert H. Woods, 81, formerly of Manheim Township, passed away peacefully Friday, Dec. 9, 2011 at the Moravian Manor, Lititz.
Born Sept. 15, 1930 in Adamstown, he was the son of the late Samuel C. and Mary (Mekiska) Woods. He was married to Frances A. (Applebach) Woods.
Robert was a veteran of the U.S. Air Force. He retired from RCA in Lancaster in 1990 where he worked for almost 40 years.
Mr. Woods attended the Lancaster First Church of God.
In addition to his wife, he is survived by a brother: Samuel Woods; a nephew: Gary Woods; a niece: Donna Steffy; and a stepdaughter: Julie Dommel.
A memorial service will be held in the Steinman Hall at Moravian Manor, 300 West Lemon Street, Lititz, PA 17543 on Dec. 16 at 11 a.m. with Chaplain Richard Thierolf and Pastor Donald Price officiating. Private Interment will be in the Indiantown Gap National Cemetery, Annville.
Kindly omit flowers. Memorial remembrances can be made in Robert’s memory to Hospice of Lancaster County at hospiceoflancaster.org.
To submit an online condolence, visit scheidfuneralhome.com.