- ‘Hello, Dolly!’ opens Thursday at EPAC
- ‘Somewhereville Station’ revisits the 50s and 60s
- Manheim Downtown Development Group will dissolve
- MC Art Show doubles in size
- Warwick students are tops at county science fair
- Science fair winner was inspired by his grandparents
- Lititz Community Band seeking members
- Warwick, Manheim Central musicals this weekend
- MCFEE auction, dinner set for March 12
- Benefit concert to support Veterans Honor Park of Lancaster County
Robert G. Shupp75, roofing company owner, avid hunter
Robert Gary Shupp, 75, of Manheim, passed away Tuesday, Nov. 8, 2011 at his residence.
He was born in Denver to Clair and Anna (Ruth) Shupp and was the husband of the late Carol Shupp, who died in 1993.
Gary was an avid hunter, a Steelers fan and he enjoyed cooking. He was owner of Shupp’s Roofing. He previously worked at Gooding, Simpson and Mackes.
He is survived by two daughters: Tammie Sauder, companion of Donald Dull, of Ephrata; and Marge, wife of Robert Reider, of Denver; twin sisters: Sharon Seneft and Karen Levering, both of Ephrata; grandchildren: Trista Sauder and Angela Jean, wife of Mark Stedman, of Maimi, Fla.; and Jennifer Lynn, wife of Sam Hoskins, of State College; great-grandchildren: Susannah, Eliana and Joy Hoskins; and Nathaniel, Ethan, Faith, Martha and Judah Stedman.
An interment service will be held promptly at 9 a.m. on Dec. 5 at the Indiantown Gap National Cemetery, East Hanover Township, with full military honors accorded. A memorial service will follow at 11 a.m. at the Reformed Presbyterian Church, 21 E. Locust St., Ephrata, with Pastor Tom Nicholas officiating. A fellowship luncheon will be held immediately following in the church social hall. All are welcomed to attend.
If desired, memorial contributions in Robert’s memory may be made to The Department of Pediatrics at Penn State Children’s Hospital, in care of The Office of University Development, PO Box 852, Hershey, PA 17033 or to the United Cerebral Palsy of Lancaster County 1811 Old Homestead Lane Lancaster, PA 17603.
Arrangements are being made by Roseboro Stradling Funeral & Cremation Services Inc., Denver. Online condolences can be given at roseborostradling.com.