- Six inducted into MC Alumni Hall of Fame
- Facelift coming for Rothsville park
- Chiques Creek Watershed Alliance sponsors photo contest
- Lititz will be Rockin’: Festival, ‘NASCAR for bikes,’ returns April 26
- Full of moxie, Ashton Sweitzer takes on Philly
- Spam a little for ‘Spamalot’
- Taste of Lititz returns June 5
- Pix from Route 66
- Crafts & Draughts at JoBoy’s
- Streaks rally from early deficit to beat Warwick
Robert Franklin Doster 77, music professor, Warwick class of ’53
Robert Franklin Doster, 77, of Winter Haven, Fla., died Monday, March 11, 2013, with his son Brian by his side.
Mr. Doster was born July 13, 1935, in Lititz, on his grandparents’ farm, to Franklin and Marguerite Long Doster.
He was a graduate of Warwick Township High School in 1953, Lebanon Valley College, and University of Maryland’s master’s teaching program.
He was a musician, music teacher, conductor and adjudicator of much renown for over half a century, most notably at Frederick High, Md.; Annandale, Va.; Towson University and until his passing at Polk State. He was also an avid amateur historian.
He is survived by his son: Brian Doster and daughter-in-law Debbie of Tampa, Fla.; his daughter: Robyn Humphrey and son-in-law Christopher; and their son: Michael, of Ellicott City, Md.; grandchildren: Karen Doster of Tallahassee, Fla.; and Ben Doster of Tampa, Fla.; his brother: Joe Doster (Sandra Shaub) of Lititz; sister: Rebecca Doster Deibler of Lititz; sister-in-law: Marilyn Doster of Ormond Beach, Fla.; nieces, nephews and many friends and fellow musicians.
He was preceded in death by his parents and his lovely bride of over 50 years: Barbara Geltz Doster, and his brother: Kenneth Doster.
Funeral services will be held Monday, March 25 at 2 p.m. at Grace Lutheran at 327 Avenue C, S.E. ,Winter Haven, Fla.
In lieu of flowers, donations are requested to be made to Polk State College Foundation, Music Department Fund, 999 Avenue H, N.E., Winter Haven, FL 33881.