- Brickerville Fire Company honors Wilbur May for 68 years of service
- Chocolate Walk tickets on sale now
- Manheim receives three Townie Awards
- Lititz Independence Day: Schedule of Events
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Penn Township, Pleasant View partner for community day
- Witmer earns valedictorian title for Manheim Central’s class of 2015
- Passenger pigeons once flocked to Lititz
- Manheim Central will graduate 235
- Festival of the Red Rose
Robert Franklin Doster 77, music professor, Warwick class of ’53
Robert Franklin Doster, 77, of Winter Haven, Fla., died Monday, March 11, 2013, with his son Brian by his side.
Mr. Doster was born July 13, 1935, in Lititz, on his grandparents’ farm, to Franklin and Marguerite Long Doster.
He was a graduate of Warwick Township High School in 1953, Lebanon Valley College, and University of Maryland’s master’s teaching program.
He was a musician, music teacher, conductor and adjudicator of much renown for over half a century, most notably at Frederick High, Md.; Annandale, Va.; Towson University and until his passing at Polk State. He was also an avid amateur historian.
He is survived by his son: Brian Doster and daughter-in-law Debbie of Tampa, Fla.; his daughter: Robyn Humphrey and son-in-law Christopher; and their son: Michael, of Ellicott City, Md.; grandchildren: Karen Doster of Tallahassee, Fla.; and Ben Doster of Tampa, Fla.; his brother: Joe Doster (Sandra Shaub) of Lititz; sister: Rebecca Doster Deibler of Lititz; sister-in-law: Marilyn Doster of Ormond Beach, Fla.; nieces, nephews and many friends and fellow musicians.
He was preceded in death by his parents and his lovely bride of over 50 years: Barbara Geltz Doster, and his brother: Kenneth Doster.
Funeral services will be held Monday, March 25 at 2 p.m. at Grace Lutheran at 327 Avenue C, S.E. ,Winter Haven, Fla.
In lieu of flowers, donations are requested to be made to Polk State College Foundation, Music Department Fund, 999 Avenue H, N.E., Winter Haven, FL 33881.