- 5K fun run/walk will benefit Warwick grad
- Oysters on the square: Ted’s tiny diner was a big deal at Broad and Main
- Picturesque parade!
- Heart of Lancaster craft show is Labor Day weekend at Root’s
- Escape Room: real life fun, in a world ruled by virtual games
- Florence Foster Jenkins: the Moravian connection
- Local artists will display works at Gretna show
- Cub Scout Pack 44 welcomes kindergartners in new pilot program
- New book a ‘sign’ of hope for local author
- 50 years of art: Lititz Outdoor Fine Art Show set for July 30
Robert E. Lausch 87, WWII veteran, bank president
Robert E. Lausch, 87, of Lititz and formerly of Ephrata, passed away Sunday, Oct. 28, 2012 at Luther Acres in Lititz, where he resided.
Robert’s wife, the late Dorothy M. Lausch, passed away in 2001. Born in Akron, Robert was the son of the late David B. and Alverta (Brown) Lausch.
Robert graduated from Ephrata High School in 1943 and served in the U.S. Navy during World War II in the Pacific Theater. After graduating from Lancaster Business College, he accepted a job at Brownstown National Bank, from where he retired as its president. He was a member of Holy Trinity Lutheran Church in Ephrata and a member of Blue Lodge #665 F&AM, also in Ephrata. Robert enjoyed boating and fishing.
Surviving are two sons: R. Dale, husband of Shirley Lausch, of Grand Rapids, Mich.; and Ray M. Lausch, of Ephrata; two granddaughters: Julie, wife of Alex Wiseman, of Grand Rapids, Mich.; and Kelly, wife of Steve Wieczynski, of Baltimore, Md.; four great-granddaughters: Lexi, Ella and Meredith Wiseman and Kate Wieczynski; one brother: Clair Lausch, of Akron; and his special friend: Doris L. Randall, of Ephrata.
Mason and funeral services were held Nov. 1 at Gravenor Home For Funerals, Ephrata, with Rev. Henry E. Herbener officiating. Place of interment was Memory Gardens, East Cocalico Township.
Donations in Robert’s memory may be made to the Thanksgiving Memorial Fund at Holy Trinity Lutheran Church, 167 E. Main St., Ephrata, PA 17522.
To offer condolences, visit gravenorhomeforfunerals.com.