- Taste of the Town – March 5, 2014 Edition
- Slideshow – Snowstorm Pax
- 1944: Ralph Spacht donates Advertisements from 1944 building for community center
- Showcase of Homes
- Record Express undergoes most significant redesign in more than 75 years
- This ice is nice
- Crepes Recipe from the Sugar Arts Institute
- Snowy weather leads to accident
- Fire Co. needs help clearing hydrants
Robert C. Dennis 58, Lititz raised, handyman
Robert C. Dennis, a.k.a. Bob Getz, died Dec. 2, 2012 at Hershey Medical Center following a long battle with leukemia.
He was born in Chicago, Ill., on Sept. 23, 1954. His grandparents were Erla Schmuck Dennis and George Dennis, 75 Front St., Lititz. His father was Robert Dennis, Sr., Lititz and Carlisle, all deceased. He was raised by his Aunt and Uncle, Harriet Dennis Getz and Victor S. Getz, 343 Front St., Lititz, deceased. Their daughters, Benay and Peggy, were his siblings.
Bob attended Lititz schools. He was employed by various companies including Manheim Auto Auction. He excelled at carpentry, electrical work, plumbing and auto and other engine repair. He had lived in Manheim and then obtained a house in Schaefferstown, which he enjoyed renovating.
He is survived by Benay Getz Moyer and Peggy Getz Zeigler and his friends and a multitude of extended families: Dennis, Erkens, Fasnacht, Geiger, Getz, Keath, Krushinski, Masey, Miller, Morgan, Myers, Oberholtzer, Pettyjohn, Reedy, Schmuck, Weidman, Yohn, Zeigler, Zekany, and Zimmerman.
Services will be at the discretion of the family.
To send an online note of condolence, visit: reynoldsfuneralhome.net.
Arrangements entrusted to Reynolds Funeral Home, Quarryville.