- Six inducted into MC Alumni Hall of Fame
- Facelift coming for Rothsville park
- Chiques Creek Watershed Alliance sponsors photo contest
- Lititz will be Rockin’: Festival, ‘NASCAR for bikes,’ returns April 26
- Full of moxie, Ashton Sweitzer takes on Philly
- Spam a little for ‘Spamalot’
- Taste of Lititz returns June 5
- Pix from Route 66
- Crafts & Draughts at JoBoy’s
- Streaks rally from early deficit to beat Warwick
Robert C. Dennis 58, Lititz raised, handyman
Robert C. Dennis, a.k.a. Bob Getz, died Dec. 2, 2012 at Hershey Medical Center following a long battle with leukemia.
He was born in Chicago, Ill., on Sept. 23, 1954. His grandparents were Erla Schmuck Dennis and George Dennis, 75 Front St., Lititz. His father was Robert Dennis, Sr., Lititz and Carlisle, all deceased. He was raised by his Aunt and Uncle, Harriet Dennis Getz and Victor S. Getz, 343 Front St., Lititz, deceased. Their daughters, Benay and Peggy, were his siblings.
Bob attended Lititz schools. He was employed by various companies including Manheim Auto Auction. He excelled at carpentry, electrical work, plumbing and auto and other engine repair. He had lived in Manheim and then obtained a house in Schaefferstown, which he enjoyed renovating.
He is survived by Benay Getz Moyer and Peggy Getz Zeigler and his friends and a multitude of extended families: Dennis, Erkens, Fasnacht, Geiger, Getz, Keath, Krushinski, Masey, Miller, Morgan, Myers, Oberholtzer, Pettyjohn, Reedy, Schmuck, Weidman, Yohn, Zeigler, Zekany, and Zimmerman.
Services will be at the discretion of the family.
To send an online note of condolence, visit: reynoldsfuneralhome.net.
Arrangements entrusted to Reynolds Funeral Home, Quarryville.