- ‘Hello, Dolly!’ opens Thursday at EPAC
- ‘Somewhereville Station’ revisits the 50s and 60s
- Manheim Downtown Development Group will dissolve
- MC Art Show doubles in size
- Warwick students are tops at county science fair
- Science fair winner was inspired by his grandparents
- Lititz Community Band seeking members
- Warwick, Manheim Central musicals this weekend
- MCFEE auction, dinner set for March 12
- Benefit concert to support Veterans Honor Park of Lancaster County
Robert C. Dennis 58, Lititz raised, handyman
Robert C. Dennis, a.k.a. Bob Getz, died Dec. 2, 2012 at Hershey Medical Center following a long battle with leukemia.
He was born in Chicago, Ill., on Sept. 23, 1954. His grandparents were Erla Schmuck Dennis and George Dennis, 75 Front St., Lititz. His father was Robert Dennis, Sr., Lititz and Carlisle, all deceased. He was raised by his Aunt and Uncle, Harriet Dennis Getz and Victor S. Getz, 343 Front St., Lititz, deceased. Their daughters, Benay and Peggy, were his siblings.
Bob attended Lititz schools. He was employed by various companies including Manheim Auto Auction. He excelled at carpentry, electrical work, plumbing and auto and other engine repair. He had lived in Manheim and then obtained a house in Schaefferstown, which he enjoyed renovating.
He is survived by Benay Getz Moyer and Peggy Getz Zeigler and his friends and a multitude of extended families: Dennis, Erkens, Fasnacht, Geiger, Getz, Keath, Krushinski, Masey, Miller, Morgan, Myers, Oberholtzer, Pettyjohn, Reedy, Schmuck, Weidman, Yohn, Zeigler, Zekany, and Zimmerman.
Services will be at the discretion of the family.
To send an online note of condolence, visit: reynoldsfuneralhome.net.
Arrangements entrusted to Reynolds Funeral Home, Quarryville.