- 5K fun run/walk will benefit Warwick grad
- Oysters on the square: Ted’s tiny diner was a big deal at Broad and Main
- Picturesque parade!
- Heart of Lancaster craft show is Labor Day weekend at Root’s
- Escape Room: real life fun, in a world ruled by virtual games
- Florence Foster Jenkins: the Moravian connection
- Local artists will display works at Gretna show
- Cub Scout Pack 44 welcomes kindergartners in new pilot program
- New book a ‘sign’ of hope for local author
- 50 years of art: Lititz Outdoor Fine Art Show set for July 30
Robert C. Dennis 58, Lititz raised, handyman
Robert C. Dennis, a.k.a. Bob Getz, died Dec. 2, 2012 at Hershey Medical Center following a long battle with leukemia.
He was born in Chicago, Ill., on Sept. 23, 1954. His grandparents were Erla Schmuck Dennis and George Dennis, 75 Front St., Lititz. His father was Robert Dennis, Sr., Lititz and Carlisle, all deceased. He was raised by his Aunt and Uncle, Harriet Dennis Getz and Victor S. Getz, 343 Front St., Lititz, deceased. Their daughters, Benay and Peggy, were his siblings.
Bob attended Lititz schools. He was employed by various companies including Manheim Auto Auction. He excelled at carpentry, electrical work, plumbing and auto and other engine repair. He had lived in Manheim and then obtained a house in Schaefferstown, which he enjoyed renovating.
He is survived by Benay Getz Moyer and Peggy Getz Zeigler and his friends and a multitude of extended families: Dennis, Erkens, Fasnacht, Geiger, Getz, Keath, Krushinski, Masey, Miller, Morgan, Myers, Oberholtzer, Pettyjohn, Reedy, Schmuck, Weidman, Yohn, Zeigler, Zekany, and Zimmerman.
Services will be at the discretion of the family.
To send an online note of condolence, visit: reynoldsfuneralhome.net.
Arrangements entrusted to Reynolds Funeral Home, Quarryville.